• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC RW B6 re-model

bseal

Well, if there was ever a time to do an impulse buy, this would probably be that time. Looks terrific.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
It does look good ... but I'm surprised that they're sticking with the fake Rough Wear label, and the B-3 order number.

With most original B-6 contacts being Aero Leather, I can see how that would be a problem, but simply labelling their version Eastman would be more genuine.

Tim P

yup. I like the b6 design. it is in my opinion the most wearable practical sheepskin beecause
a it is not tooo bulky
b there are two pockets that function as handwarmer style (Irvins, B3's and AN types lack this)
c those pockets are not zipped so as to scrape your hands (The D1 loses out here)
d the bi swing adds comfort and style (again the D1 loses out)
e the longer cut is more practical and flattering. (that poor D1)
d the collar is a sensible size for day to day wear. (B3 and AN types)

I do like the redskin but I consider it atypical and I prefer seal.

markc

I love the B-6 too. I'm not a fan of the "broken grain" look though - I've always preferred to wear my jackets for that authentic "lived in" look. Sadly not cold enough for that in the UK for a B-6 so mine will look like this for a while yet...

PICT7440.jpg

PICT7439-1.jpg

PICT7442.jpg

Cheers,

MikeyB-17

Mundele said:
Tim P said:
(again the D1 loses out)

Now you've put me right off my D1. I might have to ditch it!

What size? I'll have it! Give me a D-1 over a B-6 any day. The B-6 looks fine from the front, but horrible from the back. And I don't like the epaulettes, or the side zips.

Roughwear

I like the B-6, but prefer the style of the B-3 and the Irvin, but everyone is entilted to his opinion. I really wish Eastman would stop using the fictitious RW contract number for their redskin B-6.

havocpaul

Me too, far more important is the build quality, hide, fit and style, sometimes too much is made of contract numbers etc that it becomes like train spotting!

John Lever

havocpaul said:
Me too, far more important is the build quality, hide, fit and style, sometimes too much is made of contract numbers etc that it becomes like train spotting!
Good point.
I buy them because I like them, that's it.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
It wouldn't stop me buying one, but the label would bother me. If it was simply ficticious, it wouldn't be so bad ... but it's labelled to a maker that never made a B-6, using their contract number for a different jacket.

It's almost having a laugh at the buyer.

Tim P

whilst it wouldn't bother me, since that label can only go on that jacket, it would surely be easy enough to spec it correctly. I didnt know roughwear never did a B-6.

Andrew

deeb7 said:
It wouldn't stop me buying one, but the label would bother me. If it was simply ficticious, it wouldn't be so bad ... but it's labelled to a maker that never made a B-6, using their contract number for a different jacket.

It's almost having a laugh at the buyer.
I totally agree, whilst not in the same league, to me it's a bit like having a map lining :lol: .