• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

elc, elite jackets,

Roughwear

John, it's nearly Christmas and I was having a joke with you. I know your brief flirtation with A2s has long gone! Now if Gary produced Elite Unit B-3s with patches and nose art perhaps you would be tempted. ;)

John Lever

Roughwear said:
John, it's nearly Christmas and I was having a joke with you. I know your brief flirtation with A2s has long gone! Now if Gary produced Elite Unit B-3s with patches and nose art perhaps you would be tempted. ;)
Hmm... I have always been disappointed at the lack of attention to details with non- US jackets. Why not make some variants on the RAF jacket ?
Another B-3 would be good though, a seal monotone made from the new WH and the skins from the Perry would be great. I would pass on any adornment though, less is always more.
Likewise some navy sheepskins or lovely old 1930's M/C jackets that aren't quite as obvious as the Roadstar, it's too biker unless you ride.

Roughwear

I'm sure there are people out there who would buy Elite unite B-3s. As far as Irvins are concerned sourcing the correct skins is the issue for me coupled with the repro zips. I would be interested know which particular RAF jackets you would like ELC to produce John.

John Lever

I like the late war jackets.
Compared to the attentions and details lavished on A-2's, the BoB and 42 pattern jackets are very simplified.

Roughwear

John Lever said:
Compared to the attentions and details lavished on A-2's, the BoB and 42 pattern jackets are very simplified.

I know what you mean John. I like most types of original Irvins. Why not buy up several pairs of Irvin trousers and get them made into a late War jacket?

Dr H

John Lever said:
Actually I was planning to form my own elite unit. So far there are two members , Ian [ DrH] being the other. Our base is the local pub that floats over the river Wey.

The Mill's Angels... :lol:

John Lever

Roughwear said:
John Lever said:

I know what you mean John. I like most types of original Irvins. Why not buy up several pairs of Irvin trousers and get them made into a late War jacket?

Who could I trust to make it ?

Dr H

Come, come - when we have a talented member of the Forum making jackets from scratch?
An excuse for a commission with a difference...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Out of Irvin trousers ... really? Unless they were NOS you'd really be making a pee-coat.