• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC BoB RAF ?

John Lever

Does anyone have any images of the current version from Eastman? Nothing from the website please but ones that someone owns ?
Internet images vary widely.
I saw this and really like it.
O1CN01wmsUGo1ctrpdEPRvf_!!0-item_pic.jpg_Q75.jpg_.jpg

Thanks

Otter

At 1600 squid you might not find too many people on here !
My version is about 10 years back, with the smoother outer and gingery fleece. Let me know if photos of that would help.

Smithy

Does anyone have any images of the current version from Eastman? Nothing from the website please but ones that someone owns ?
Internet images vary widely.
I saw this and really like it.View attachment 115179

Thanks

I really like the fleece on that from what you can see John, looks excellent.

As you guys have mentioned though very difficult to see exactly what the outer shell looks like in terms of colour and surface graining due to the varied light conditions in the picture. But it does look a darn sight better than that crackly finish they'd been using of late.

From what I can see I really like it too.

Smithy

I have a sneaking suspicion that Gary makes 'specials' for the far East Market.

Wouldn't surprise me John if that's where a big chunk of the orders for retailers are coming from.

The more i look at that photo you posted the more I think it looks utterly superb. The fleece looks great, it doesn't have that uniform "carpet" appearance that some ELCs have had in the past but rather that little bit unruly fleece quality that a lot of originals show in photos and on the real deal (but not overdone either).

I'd really like to see more photos of the outer shell because it looks great in that pic, grainy in places but without that crackly quality that ELC was using recently.

If it really looks this good in real life and my old ELC Irvin was pinched, destroyed, ruined, I might very well be happy to splash the money on one of these to replace it. It looks stunning from this one photo and I'll always have to have an Irvin ;)

ZuZu

Confirmed as current production.
Just wish he would make the arms a little bit longer, still too short IMO
I'd buy one of these if I lived where I could wear it. The color is great! I don't know much about Irvins but my eye tells me that they make the best repro. I bought one used a few years back but only wore it a few times here in Cali.
Guess I should have posted THIS in the Eastman Love thread- I really did love the '42 pattern jacket I had. I was frustrated by our mild climate!

Griffon_301

I'd buy one of these if I lived where I could wear it. The color is great! I don't know much about Irvins but my eye tells me that they make the best repro. I bought one used a few years back but only wore it a few times here in Cali.
Guess I should have posted THIS in the Eastman Love thread- I really did love the '42 pattern jacket I had. I was frustrated by our mild climate!

I wore my 1942 pattern BoB right into May this year... it's a great jacket to wear opened up over just a t-shirt or thin long sleeve in lieu of a pullover or sweater...
leave the zips on the sleeves open as well and it is surprisingly nice to wear even in spring ...

Smithy

Confirmed as current production.
Just wish he would make the arms a little bit longer, still too short IMO

Yup if this is current production I love it. So much better than the crackly finish and if the fleece and outer shell look half as good as in that photo then it's the best looking Irvin repro for sale right now.

I love my old 2007 era ELC Irvin but I wonder if Gary would do a trade in for one of these new ones ;)