• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC…a long time ago!

Enigma1938

Oh boy, they really used that spanish buchon instead of a "genuine" 109 for their luftwaffe advertising? :eek: :rolleyes:

Smithy

Oh boy, they really used that spanish buchon instead of a "genuine" 109 for their luftwaffe advertising? :eek: :rolleyes:

That was all there was on the airshow scene in the 1980s in the UK. First Daimler-Benz 109 that was flying would have probably been the G model that Mark Hanna flew in the early 90s.

jerome35

Nice old ad from the good days. First time I heard from Gary when he wrote articles in Militaria Magazine Gros Plan section.

Then, the paper catalog, before internet, and first purchases.

I won't comment the nowadays evolution of the ELC brand but, I guess many of us have dreamt on their catalogs ;)

Micawber

Advertising leaflets or folders in the post for free, some with samples of hide colours and sheepskin. Ah, those were the days. Going out on a Friday night with five quid in your back pocket, having a great evening down the pub, then some fish n chips, then some fun the girlfriend...

...and still have enough money left in your pocket to do it all again on Saturday night.

Fings ain't wot they used to be an that's a fact.

Enigma1938

That was all there was on the airshow scene in the 1980s in the UK. First Daimler-Benz 109 that was flying would have probably been the G model that Mark Hanna flew in the early 90s.

True, but for advertising photos a displayed only 109 would have done the trick or a collage of wartime photos or something like that. I don't want split hairs and this vintage advertising is cool nevertheless. They just could have done it better even in the eighties