• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edmund T Church M422a Reproduction - Headwind Mfg Co

Skyhawk

Looks fantastic Jay. It’s in the small details that set this apart from other jackets. It’s going to look amazing when it’s broken in…

Thanks! Yes this contract does have some very distinct details, as well as some interesting changes in materials over the course of the contract. The Rayon liner is another material that they changed. Earlier on they used a Red color on some jackets and then a Reddish Brown. A dark Chocolate Brown was also used on some jackets. Currently, I have the Reddish Brown and dark Chocolate colors that I am using. I will also have Red Rayon available in the future.

Skyhawk

I recon that jacket above has the dark chocolate lining?
That should be the Reddish Brown. These photos are very dark. I will take better photos when I get the jacket from the guys in production:
Reddish Brown Liner-2.jpg

johnwayne

Must admit, personally I think they look too big, assuming however, they were sized from an original? Nice jacket nonetheless!

Skyhawk

Must admit, personally I think they look too big, assuming however, they were sized from an original? Nice jacket nonetheless!
The size was copied directly from an original. The perspective of the photo is coming in to play, with the pockets being closer to the camera, they look bigger. Also it's a small size, a 38. They used the same size pockets on all sizes so the smaller ones will look like the pockets are bigger.

Skyhawk

Our first prototype is done. It came out nice but there is still some tweaks to get the jacket 100% correct. We are starting on the next jacket now to fix the issues. It won't be long until it is done and I can list it on the site for purchase. I think the color combo between the seal and chestnut colors came out fantastic!
IMG_20210625_180803062_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210625_181026725_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210625_181101516.jpg

IMG_20210625_181122523.jpg

ausreenactor

Our first prototype is done. It came out nice but there is still some tweaks to get the jacket 100% correct. We are starting on the next jacket now to fix the issues. It won't be long until it is done and I can list it on the site for purchase. I think the color combo between the seal and chestnut colors came out fantastic!
View attachment 63837
View attachment 63838
View attachment 63839
View attachment 63840
Looks great! They will move out the door as quick as you can make them.

Brettafett

I heard from Jay about a week or so ago.

They were fine-tuning the prototype (small details I was told) and wanted to get it perfect before starting production jackets.
There were also a couple of other customer's jackets being finished up and then they would be focusing on these.
So, all things going well, I understood things should/ would be moving forward as we type ;)

I am looking forward to this...