• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Jackets to France...- Paypal??

ausreenactor

Awaiting Paypal's decision. Going on the post regarding the USPS item tracked to France(same as Australia Post tracking it to France on Oct 13) I do not fancy my chances. I do not fancy my chances of the jacket returning however. I will recoup AU$172 from the insurance value and postage fee. IF Paypal decides in my favour and the jacket arrives back here in a month or so do I owe Paypal or do I resell?? I think I will just be down around US$1200 at this stage...Ah well...only money!

Couchy

John Lever

I know it's too late on this sale. Next time use PayPal print and pay postage option. That way it's all tracked and registered with PP. The seller is even notified when the package is posted. You can see the time delivered and who signed for the parcel at the other end.

ausreenactor

Not compatible with Australia Post...The French cant track a Registered Item? How will they track Paypal labels??

Everytime I attempt to "Print Shipping Label" I get a bold yellow banner after Paypal opens.

"PayPal Postage is not available. We apologise for the inconvenience."

I think it must be region/provider specific..

Couchy

John Lever

ausreenactor said:
Not compatible with Australia Post...The French cant track a Registered Item? How will they track Paypal labels??

Everytime I attempt to "Print Shipping Label" I get a bold yellow banner after Paypal opens.

"PayPal Postage is not available. We apologise for the inconvenience."

I think it must be region/provider specific..

Couchy
That's a drag.

ausreenactor

Gents,

As expected, the dispute went the Buyer's way. After a 6 week investigation! Seller protection was knocked back. I phoned the Sydney (02) number and got put on hold and listened to Spanish and spoke to Michael. They did not protect me as "the white document covered the other document in your submitted files". Yes very true! In the scan of the upper post office WHITE DOCUMENT sent to paypal it was on top. In the second scan the stapled WHITE DOCUMENT was folded over and the completed 'Registered Post International' fully visible. Two receipts & two scans. Appeal lodged and will have to endure the Paypal wait again. I fully endorse the buyer's right when an item allegedly goes astray. I do expect Paypal to honour their online obligation with regard to the Seller Protection Policy. I could have closed the account before the dispute claim and pulled a swifty, but as soldiers we do the right thing everytime. I have contacted the current affairs guys here if they want to have a crack at the "faceless international". Even if just to put a chink in the armour. Will keep you posted!!

Couchy

les_garten

Hello,
I valuable lesson to us all. I just sent a Bow, as in Archery to France. First time selling to France for me. No issues. It just seems PayPal is on nobodies side but their own here. Although in this case it helped the buyer if he indeed never received it. He may be telling a story on a forum about how "the man down under" tried to abscond with his funds but Paypal saved the day!

ausreenactor

I doubt that, as he had the scans of the receipt from day one. Paypal just did the easy thing and pulled my funds within 45 mins of the claim. Then spent six weeks deciding that they did not have to dip into their own pockets by ignoring one of two scans sent to them when the funds were put on hold. The customer service centre in the US provided more info in 5 mins than Paypal did as part of the investigation. Consensus is that the jacket arrived, and the buyer used the tardy French Postal Service to support him. Australia Post have had no reply from them since my investigation started 8 weeks ago. I shall not be using eBay much in the future. I still owe them AU$378 in seller fees that will be paid when Paypal honour their obligation. I will start another similar ID and they will be none the wiser. Have three random ID's active already..Sad part is creating a nine year 803 positive feedback rating...

Couchy

Tim P

That really sucks. i wonder what it is, many ebay sellers are categoric about no sales to France (and sometmes Italy) whilst being happy to ship anywhere else. It is just one bad experience though?