• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you know what it is yet ?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Vcruiser said:
4. David is the Kiwi..? Isn't "Dave" British? I think there is an American Dave?

Yes, JACKET_HEAD is Dave, and I was forgetting Diamond Dave, but that must be a red herring ... he can hardly be described as a geezer.

Geezer is a term for a man. In North America, it carries the connotation of an old person.

Vcruiser

John Lever said:
Vcruiser said:
John Lever said:
Van,
You almost got it.
Yes oriental gentleman - Gary Eastman
In many pieces - multipanel
From the rough southern oceans i.e. the roaring 40's - 1944
The rest you will see after I post pics.
Just some fun.

Gary Eastman is an oriental sax player..?? Holey freakin Moley...I would never have dreamed! Lets see..Eastman...east man....
I figured it was something to do with sheepskin.
This finale better be good! ...cause it's been driving me NUTS!
VB
Marino....
Van,
Eastman= man from the orient !
Gary plays Sax in his band The Diamond Geezers[ I thought everyone knew this ?]
It will be here today according to Rob, guitarist in Diamond Geezers.
I asked the people at Eastman for a job and they replied do you play any musical instruments ?

They need more cowbell.......??

jacketimp

john,

what a coup........you being privy to all this whilst us non-privelegeds have to huuump and haw

congrats on yer scooop!

don't forget part deux.....les photos, sil vous'plait!

A

Anonymous

That was very good and very funny John. Nice one. This could be the start of a whole genre of posts. :twisted:

Not sure if it was more 'Charlotte Grey' or 'Allo, Allo' though :D

J_H

rich

JACKET_ HEAD said:
That was very good and very funny John. Nice one. This could be the start of a whole genre of posts. :twisted:

Not sure if it was more 'Charlotte Grey' or 'Allo, Allo' though :D

J_H

On a cold wet night, a man who has many thousands of dollars in cash is pushing his car past several hotels, the houses of his friends, and even the house he owns. He doesn't even stop when he reaches free parking but continues to push his car on and on. Why would he do this....?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
rich said:
On a cold wet night, a man who has many thousands of dollars in cash is pushing his car past several hotels, the houses of his friends, and even the house he owns. He doesn't even stop when he reaches free parking but continues to push his car on and on. Why would he do this....?

He is playing Monopoly?

jacketimp

wow.....i now know more about mr eastman than i did before.....and all i associiated with mr eastan was repro jackets....who's next.......

John Lever

Dave, is Deeb he's a smart cookie and I am very surprised he hasn't twigged it yet.
To repeat, from the rough southern seas in many pieces.
There are some on the ELC website but not like this one. An Irishman who used to place for Manchester United is a clue...
It didn't come today, hope it comes tomorrow as I am excited about this one.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Dave, is Deeb he's a smart cookie and I am very surprised he hasn't twigged it yet.

Oh me?

I'd assumed that it was a multi panelled Irvin ... but Irish football player?

... have to look into that.

Harry Gregg, George Best (cockney slang for vest), Tony Dunne, Sammy Mellroy, Jimmy Nicholl, Kevin Moran, Paul McGarth, Norman Whiteside, Frank Stapleton, Roy Keane, Dennis Irwin (an Irwin jacket) ...

Andrew

Don Patricio O’Connell, born Dublin, ex ManU, managed five Spanish Clubs including Barcelona during the Civil War - Merino connection. :)

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:

Oh me?

I'd assumed that it was a multi panelled Irvin ... but Irish football player?

... have to look into that.

Harry Gregg, George Best (cockney slang for vest), Tony Dunne, Sammy Mellroy, Jimmy Nicholl, Kevin Moran, Paul McGarth, Norman Whiteside, Frank Stapleton, Roy Keane, Dennis Irwin (an Irwin jacket) ...
Got it !!
The player is Dennis Irwin, nearly Irvin...
It's a 1944, multi panel Irvin made from their new BoB hide. I found out purely by chance that they make these out of smaller pieces left over from the Bob.
The roaring forties are the rough southern oceans.

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
Got it !!

.... now we can talk about the prize. :p
The prize is the prophesy that I made when I first wrote the post. You are confirmed as the brain of the forum, or brian as my daughter used to say.
The only thing that remains now is to actually get the jacket as it seems to have disappeared within the Royal Mail somewhere.
Pic's when it's here.

bseal

How interesting. I emailed Gary directly and he said to me that they do not make that jacket?! I even attached pictures of their 1944 Irvin.

Oh to be a VIP like Mr. Lever.