• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current ELC sheepskin status?

Radz108

Still waiting for my ELC roughwear B3. Emailed Gary on the 17th and he said they are still waiting for the materials before they could start making my jacket.
Has anyone heard if ELC has received any material supplies for their sheepskin jackets? In an older thread, John Lever stated ELC might be getting their materials near the end of Jan.

Thanks
RG

John Lever

To run out of these materials in winter is just bad planning and very bad business. I am almost tempted to cancel my order for the B-6. Originally I was told mid Jan, now it's the end of Jan, if it overruns then we are approaching the end of winter.

m444uk

The curse of the small business I suppose, not enough capital to make all of the range stock items.
Many years ago I bought a new m422a from them, not long after they introduced it. I ended up waiting 4 months for the goatskin to come in from India !
I rather suspect another delay comes from waiting for enough orders for batch production. Most of their business is A2's so not much point in faffing about pulling out the patterns just to make one B6. If you look at the serial numbers something like B6 redskins have sold in comparatively small numbers.

Radz108

Received an email from Gary today that the sheepskin has arrived (either last week or today) and they are clearing all the back orders now. Hopefully I will receive my jacket by mid February.
John, when did you place your order for your B6?

John Lever

Radz108 said:
Received an email from Gary today that the sheepskin has arrived (either last week or today) and they are clearing all the back orders now. Hopefully I will receive my jacket by mid February.
Mid December. I'll call them tomorrow, thanks for the update.

Radz108

John Lever said:
Radz108 said:
Mid December. I'll call them tomorrow, thanks for the update.
Hi John,
If you don't mind me asking. When is the estimated delivery of your B6? I'm still waiting for my RW B3 which I ordered on Jan 10, 2011. I'm trying to get an idea of the the current wait times with ELC since they received their sheepskin materials. I'm hoping all of the orders will be filled by the first or second week of February. :mrgreen:

John Lever

I spoke to Allan this week and they are expecting delivery by the end of the month and all pre existing orders will be made asap. It is very unusual to have to wait for more than three weeks for an order to be made.
In the past this was a real strong point in their favour when compared to some other suppliers. But the others are prepared to do custom work whereas Eastman are not.
I also learned that the ' dead ' state of the re-issue department is because they now keep all the jackets to be sold at shows....

Roughwear

Their website still contains last year's dates. In the past they would have announced the show dates by now, but I guess they will do Flying Legends and the September shows as they are two ones and the most popular.

Persimmon

Roughwear said:
Their website still contains last year's dates. In the past they would have announced the show dates by now, but I guess they will do Flying Legends and the September shows as they are two ones and the most popular.

Yes that was my point it was not on the web site.
Forgive the laziness of not calling them.

Equally I must plan for the shows. (Flying Legends and the September shows)
Am I being to lazy and asking for that info here !!

Yes and yes

Persimmon

Andrew I stopped being lazy and looked at the shows

What shows are you heading to ?

Who has plans made to go -

Flying Legends
9th July 2011 to 10th July 2011

Sally B and Friends Day
31st July 2011

American Air Day
19th August 2011

The Duxford Air Show
3rd September 2011 to 4th September 2011

Autumn Air Show
16th October 2011

Roughwear

Alan, I will be going to four Duxford Air shows this year: May, FL, Sept and Oct. Finally I hope we can meet up. ;)

Radz108

John Lever said:
I spoke to Allan this week and they are expecting delivery by the end of the month and all pre existing orders will be made asap. It is very unusual to have to wait for more than three weeks for an order to be made.
In the past this was a real strong point in their favour when compared to some other suppliers. But the others are prepared to do custom work whereas Eastman are not.
I also learned that the ' dead ' state of the re-issue department is because they now keep all the jackets to be sold at shows....
Hi John,
Did you receive your ELC B6 already?

Cheers

RG

John Lever

Radz108 said:
John Lever said:
Hi John,
Did you receive your ELC B6 already?

Cheers

RG
No.
I look at the site these days and there are no jackets that I would buy, sad really.

Radz108

Hopefully you'll get it soon (this week perhaps). The sooner you get your jacket, the sooner I'll get my jacket. I hope it's very soon since it is starting to warm up and I would like to use it now rather than wait until next winter season:(

Radz108

Got a disappointing email from Rob Brace today informing me that they are still waiting for the roughwear sheepskin to arrive before they can make any roughwear sheepskin jackets like my B3 on order since jan 10, 2011. He said they are hoping to receive the sheepskin within a couple of weeks. Based on this, I assume I might be able to receive the B3 jacket by early march now. I hope it doesn't warm up too much so I can at least use it for a little while :(
So others also waiting for any ELC roughwear sheepskin jackets may have to wait a little longer :)
Patience is virtue, right? :)

John Lever

No, this is a P**s take. No sheepskin in winter ...????
This used to be a real strong point for Eastman. Looks like they have lost the plot.

Radz108

FYI
Got an email from Rob that the Roughwear sheepskin is due to arrive later today or tomorrow morning. Hopefully members (myself included) who are waiting for an ELC roughwear sheepskin jacket (ie: B3, B6) don't have to wait much longer :)

Cheers

RG

Radz108

Just got another email from Rob this morning. My RW B3 has shipped and should arrive in Calgary on Tuesday. :) Finally it's on it's way! Can't wait!
Hopefully the other members who are waiting for ELC RW sheepskin jackets would receive theirs soon as well

Regards

RG