• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap ELC goatskin Cables

Tim P

Not really much to say, nothing wrong with the shoulders on the jackets, I am very shouldery.... I had a roughwear 27753 from them and a no name. both second hand. both beautiful neither fitted. I tried another on and found the same. oddly, they seem to measure the same as eastmans of equivalent proportions (not size obviuosly) but bind to the point of annoyance. I am sure beyond doubt that when my time comes this issue will be allowed for by John but til I can justify springing for a custom one or try a second hand one on approval I have to dream ;) reissues are not for me.

Roughwear

Interesting debate about authenticity.

As far as the Cable goat is concerned I own a 2009 model in a size 42 and it's a very nice jacket and quite close to originals. There is something about the body pattern of the Cable goat and the latest horshide offering that doesn't seem right. Judging by the Cables I have seen/owned they were some of the most inconsistently stitched A-2s, with mis-matched pockets etc.. but Gary's jackets are very clean and perfect in comparison.

It is pleasing to to see horsehide used with that label as originals of that label are only in horsehide. It would be nice to see the new horse Cable having small nickle ring snaps as opposed to nipple ones. So much for total authenticity! ;)

BTW, Tim I know what you mean about the ELC seal RW 27752 contract, which just doesn't compare with Peter's RW 27752 from JC.

Andreart

Does anyone have one of these? how's the fit? i need a broad shoulder and a looser fit. i have an eastman house and it's my favourite, but it's too small in the mid section.

drew parker

I'd like to pick one of these up, because I've been wanting to get another a2 in goat. What Iam concerned about, is my chest measurment is 48 and their size 48 is listed for 46-48. So i'm at the top of this size. I don't like a tight fit. Does anyone know the armpit to armpit measurment and are they returnable for a refund if they don't fit.