• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap ELC goatskin Cables

havocpaul

Damn..no size 42!! Although I know I'll end up ordering the new 'Kwik' version I always meant to get a goat one, too late now alas.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Peter,
I just grabbed a 46". If it doesn't fit I'll offer it here at the same price if anyone's interested in case they miss out on one on the ELC website.

I love goat !!

Dave

ausreenactor

Don't get excited just yet. I have had the screen tell me an item was mine and then hear nothing back. Sold twice, or I did not see what I saw. I even did screen grabs. You should be right...give em a call..

I am not sure about ELC's business logic of late. Their decision to make the Cable exclusively from HH in the future would be a premise to retain the remaing goat at full retail I would have thought? The procrastinating goat lovers ( I do not mean that in any other sense than those that like stinky A-2s) would then have their hands forced?? Give the rare breeds away?? They seldom pop up for sale??

I would go for the non-shite B-6 44 over the Cables..

Couchy

A

Anonymous

Well, I've had email confirmation from ELC that my order has been placed. Does that mean I definately have it ?

does their website remove items once they've been bought or at least makrk them as sold ? It's not clear how many of each size they have.

I have to agree though that selling off your redundant spec jackets makes sense for a small positive change but a complete change of material ???????????

Oh well, my gain I hope ! :D

Dave

ausreenactor

I think it is 100% manual. You have both acted pretty quickly so you should be fine.

To date I have missed a ELC Crusher (pre-Diamond Flighter version) and a B-2.
Both came with the confirmation page and the email...

Couchy

Cobblers161

Is anyone able to give shoulder, pit to pit and down the back measurements on either a 40 or 42? Thanks in advance gents.. ;)

Tim P

I just can't afford it right now. I want one of these but theyre gonna have to go. I even hit the button but just cant in all conscience. Its killing me.

A

Anonymous

Let's hope that that 46 has gone to me !!

Fingers crossed !

Dave

better duck

Not to put a fly in anyones soup, but a question arises, that needs to get out, and VLJ is the place to let it go, isn't it? :)
The question is this: This "revamping" thing always makes me wonder: if you advertise your current model as "authentic" or "the most accurate repro available" or words to that effect, what can "revamping" add, authenticy wise??? How can anything already authentic be made "more authentic": that would detract from the previous claim, wouldn't it??

Tim P

better duck said:
Not to put a fly in anyones soup, but a question arises, that needs to get out, and VLJ is the place to let it go, isn't it? :)
The question is this: This "revamping" thing always makes me wonder: if you advertise your current model as "authentic" or "the most accurate repro available" or words to that effect, what can "revamping" add, authenticy wise??? How can anything already authentic be made "more authentic": that would detract from the previous claim, wouldn't it??

Yes.

I have often thought about that. If it was meticulously researched and painstakingly recreated to be exact as per original then improvement would be impossible.

In this instance the revamp however is to drop (Why?) the goatskin, despite its authenticity for this contract, and go with Horse. Naturally and admittedly the new zip does crank this up a notch and puts this jacket over the bar rather than just just under it (with that goat I could forgive a slightly 'off' zip) but why not offer in both hides as per their house jacket and as per original spec. That way we could buy what we want ,when we can afford it ... at full price, no biggie, and their diversity of stock (something upon which they pride themselves) is added to. It was my next consideration and as I have dark and smooth horse in a star, pebbly pale seemed like a good contrast. I dont like this get it now or its gone forever thing much.

A

Anonymous

In the world of advertising, superlatives are there to be exploited. Just like the customer is !!!
All, and I mean ALL the repro makers do it. I recall giving Mr Makumbe a ribbing because he was raving about the GW jackets being "1942 out of a box" and then selling his latest greatest most authentic GWs for the next evolution which was supposedly even more authentic than the last !!!!

It's all a crock of poo unless you have an original. Everything else, no matter the claims of authenticity, is a repro. And everyone who has had a custom sized GW or other maker is wearing anything BUT an authentic jacket. Which is more autherntic, a correctly sized jacket with a not quite right zipper or collar shape for the maker or a jacket that purportedly has all the authentic details but is custom sized ???? Tough call, eh ? Are we going to end up with a tick sheet of authentic details and see who's has most so they have the current 'most authentic jacket' bragging rights. Where will it all end ??

Simples !

Just enjoy the jackets and don't disappear up you own kazzoo as, at the end of the day they are just a leather jacket that 99.9% of the population think we must be nuts to be paying the sums we do for them. And we must all know that they are overpriced or we wouldn't all go to the extremes we all do to try to pass "another jacket like the last five" past our long suffering wives :)

Dave

better duck

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Just enjoy the jackets and don't disappear up you own kazzoo as, at the end of the day they are just a leather jacket that 99.9% of the population think we must be nuts to be paying the sums we do for them. And we must all know that they are overpriced or we wouldn't all go to the extremes we all do to try to pass "another jacket like the last five" past our long suffering wives :) Dave
I'm with you man. Completely. We are the straaaaaange people who go into the pros and cons of the shape of zipper pullers and teeth, remember? :lol: :cool: :eek: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim P

Dave, you are right. I will go so far as to say that a well fitting G&B buys and sells an ill fitting jacket from the top 3 or 4.
I would like, among other things, a goodwear poughkeepsie with a decal and name plate but because of the shoulder fit issues with every other goodwear I have had I darent commit financially. A repro is just that and every nuance is still a nuance. if the typeface, font or whatever on the label is 95% there, does that 5% show or detract in wear?
Claims of less than 100% accuracy burn a manufacturers reputation and would be a bit suicidal for them to claim.
nope, a goat cable in that last run of goat, (previous being too red for me) with any kind of right looking zip would do me just fine but I cant railroad myself into spending money I dont have on a last chance offer.