• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BILL KELSO N-1

Grant

It's just a low rez teaser pic of Kelso's new N-1 deck jacket, but it doesn't look half bad. If they can get the Bedford cord shell and thick alpaca lining right, they may have something here.

N1.jpg

B-Man2

If it’s as good or even better than the Buzz
N-1 they definitely will have a winner .

MaydayWei

Having recently been infected by the N-1 virus, I'm very keen to see how they look. :)

I think we may all have the virus.
If symptoms such as excessive mouth-watering, googling N-1 deck jackets on ebay, and a burning sensation in your wallet region persist for greater than 4 hours, please consult a doctor.

But joking aside, there appears to be a 100 pound price difference between the Olive version and the Khaki one. Anyone know why?
I would guess it is due to the scarcity of the khaki jungle cloth over the olive jungle cloth. But beyond that, I can't (for the life of me) figure why.

Grant

FWIW, I've never seen an original N-1 in khaki, other than faded used and abused ones. Personally, I wish they'd reproduce the earlier and much rarer blue N-1 with US NAVY stenciled on the back.

Brent

I don't know either but my expensive BR is Khaki. I also bought a Houston knock off in blue and wear it far more than the Buzz.

Regards,

Grant

Interesting. I recently sold a Korean War N-1 that was 50/50 wool/alpaca. It was nice but not as warm as my all alpaca WWII N-1.

MaydayWei

The khaki one is 100% alpaca lined whereas the olive is 50/50 wool and alpaca, I assume that's where the price difference is.

I think you're right.
My confusion arises from the fact that the 4th picture of the khaki N-1 listing clearly states 50% Alpaca /50% Wool on the label of what appears to be the BK Khaki N-1:

Maybe BK offers 50/50 or 100% Alpaca in both colours.
But wouldn't that be inconsistent with historical accuracy? Correct me if I am wrong, but I had always thought that the later Olive N-1's were 50/50 while the Khakis were only made in 100% Alpaca.

D97x7

No it appears I was wrong and so was the site, it's now the khaki one that's 50/50 and the olive that's 100% :)
Bill just answered my query on FB.

MaydayWei

No it appears I was wrong and so was the site, it's now the khaki one that's 50/50 and the olive that's 100% :)
Bill just answered my query on FB.

Ah, even the best of us make mistakes.
Thanks for clarifying that, Nick.
But now you've just made the Khaki N-1 all the more attractive at that new price!

ButteMT61

My issue with the N-1 that I own and others I have seen is that they aren’t longer and nature as opposed to being rather boxy.
those pics in to look nicely the opposite and would appeal to me. Maybe it’s my 6’-4” frame but while I love my Pike Bros, I wish it were longer.
These look promising. Not that I’m in the market...

Brent

Should these N-1 deck jackets be noted with the DEMOTEX-ED label? Or is that just a Buzz thing?

Regards,

Brent

My BR, which has the DEMOTEX-ED label, is khaki but I'm not sure if it is 100% alpaca. Going to look into that.
Grant is that N-1 olive.?

Regards,