• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bill kellso ,s a2s

A

Anonymous

Guys, thanks for the kind words,
This is our house model. What I liked most about it was the snug sleeves, the pocket flaps and the collar.
But this model is now discontinued (and will be removed from the site soon) as I see no more point in its existence
The Rough Wear is 10 times better and they are the same price. Plus, there will be another WWII contract coming soon.

A

Anonymous

About HWT.
I tried that in a small piece of russet leather and it grained up. So much that it became completely different that what it was before. Never tried on a jacket though.

One idea is, to supply a small piece of leather to each customer so he can try HWT there, see if he like the result and then do it to the jacket. What do you think?

Andrew

Platon, you might think this is a crazy idea, but have you considered offering say 4 or 5 jackets to VLJ members at half retail so that they can get their hands on them and do the promotion for you? I'd say most of us here are of the same mind- we're all waiting for others to take the plunge and give us a good report before comitting. I know it's a loss leader but it might be worth it, ok just do three then if more is too much. You can already see the interest that Jag's generated by getting off his hands and taking the plunge but I think you could have done a similar photoreview and it might have worked better for you. So far I think you only posted those shots you weren't happy with.

I appreciate that you've probably spent quite a bit to kick this off, and you might tell me to keep my ideas to myself but i'd hate to see you drop the idea because you didn't get sales here. From what I can see in Jag's review they look great.

Btw, I still have to get those dimensions for you but you didn't answer my question.... ;)

A

Anonymous

I have thought of that and I have also thought to offer one jacket for free as award of a contest.
Trying to think what the contest to be about.

Any ideas?

deand

PLATON said:
I have thought of that and I have also thought to offer one jacket for free as award of a contest.
Trying to think what the contest to be about.

Any ideas?

How about "Name that Contract" from photos! Can be quite challenging, even for a few members who seem to be able to do it with ease!

dean

A

Anonymous

I was thinking something like "guess which contract will be Bill Kelso's next repro"
because I don't have a photo suitable to do what you describe.

One idea was to hide something in our website and then whoever finds it.
But I don't want to make you look, I think guessing is easier?

rocco74

an idea can be to get every day internet site upgrade with photos, history and a feedback (pos. or neg.).
And sell the test a-2 at well e old informated members.hi from italy.

A

Anonymous

wrong!
plan changed, one mod in here knows the coorect answer
but don't start with the names yet because contest has not started yet.

HackerF15E

If you want to send one overseas to get some 'combat' flight time on it as part of promoting your new brand, I volunteer to wear it, take photos...heck, I'll even make a nifty certificate recounting all of the combat flight hours it has, heh heh.

Worth a try!

A

Anonymous

Platon, you might think this is a crazy idea, but have you considered offering say 4 or 5 jackets to VLJ members at half retail so that they can get their hands on them and do the promotion for you? I'd say most of us here are of the same mind- we're all waiting for others to take the plunge and give us a good report before comitting. I know it's a loss leader but it might be worth it, ok just do three then if more is too much. You can already see the interest that Jag's generated by getting off his hands and taking the plunge but I think you could have done a similar photoreview and it might have worked better for you. So far I think you only posted those shots you weren't happy with.

I appreciate that you've probably spent quite a bit to kick this off, and you might tell me to keep my ideas to myself but i'd hate to see you drop the idea because you didn't get sales here. From what I can see in Jag's review they look great.

Btw, I still have to get those dimensions for you but you didn't answer my question....

OK, the jacket pictured here offered at discount of 40% i.e. EUR 220 plus shipping.
It's a size 40 (pit to pit 22)

$(KGrHqR,!h!E0fgDjE7jBN(mDBob3Q~~_3.JPG

Please contact me by email at [email protected]
Will adhere to the principle, 'first come, first served'

Regards,

A

Anonymous

Some lucky Chinese fella got a size 36

img1788ep.jpg

img1791r.jpg

not the glasses though, those are mine

Stef

Hi, Stephane Here...New on the Forum...So I'll be the next lucky guy, cause I ordered mine...I'm waiting for it ...actually i'll go crazy if i wait anymore :x

Stef

yes, the jacket looks really nice in SEAL, I've ordered SEAL too, so I'm happy..good choice I guess.

A

Anonymous

i switched to my (crappy) laptop now and the seal looks awful, but the russet looks great like it really is (looks a lot like the color of Macarthur's jacket)

Great difference a monitor can make...