• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bill kellso ,s a2s

A

Anonymous

Some minor update made to the Bill Kelso website order form
enabling potential buyers to order both seal and russet colors
and also size 48 which was not provided previously

thanks

Monsoon

HackerF15E said:
If you want to send one overseas to get some 'combat' flight time on it as part of promoting your new brand, I volunteer to wear it, take photos...heck, I'll even make a nifty certificate recounting all of the combat flight hours it has, heh heh.

Worth a try!

C'mon, Hacker. I'm willing to bet you're pulling down all sorts of jack and can easily afford to buy one of these bad boys.

Now, a money-poor E-8 Guardsman such as myself, with a wee barren he's trying to keep in shoes..... ;)

dujardin

helloooooooooooooo

Check6 request some help to place his photo.
so, this is A2 by Bill Kellso from Check6
he will for sure give some comments.....

US44_002.jpg

US44_003.jpg

US44_004.jpg

a2BK.jpg

US44_005.jpg

BILL_KELSO_A2_002.jpg

i saw his jacket when visiting the museum some days ago, my opinion (remember i'm not expert) : a good quality for a low cost repro.
i don't speak about fine details related to the contact reproduced, just the general rendering.
not a bad way to start the therapy of the A2 - a small virus and than the big sikness :lol:

byeeeeeee
marcel

CHECK6

Thanks Marcel,this is a really good jacket(for me) ,confortable ,the leather is supple ,and have the right fit ,now for all the details of this contract i don't know (i'm not a doctor in A2,as some members here)but it seems to be good as i look on the period pics ,one most correct detail is the way the collar take .For the other just give your comments.
Ps;Specially for Platon ,thank for service ,fast shipping .I recieved what i ordered for
have a bandit day :D :D :D
Fab

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Thanks for the pictures, and review Fab ... she looks good. ;)

I'm surprised that it's taken so long to get to this stage ... let's hope it's all down hill now for Platon, and his Bill Kelso.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to Marcel and Fab,
I have received some photos of happy customers which are shot with better cameras, under better lighting conditions etc and as a result the jackets look a lot better.

Of course, it wouldn't be correct to post them here without their permission, and I wouldn't know if it would be proper to ask them for such permission....

As the list of customers will be growing, more photos will be available that will do more justice to these jackets.

Roughwear

I think this RW looks very good indeed for the price and is a great alternative to the high end RWs from other makers. Keep them Coming! :)

Tim P

High praise indeed from Andrew!!!

These do look as though the horse collar syndome you have to endure on other repro roughwears is not such a problem.

CHECK6

For sure i had a flash problem with my camera but the colour match in natural light as you see in the last pic ,Platon did and do a very good job .When i took the picture the jacket only had one day of wear so it has to be broke in with days use and wear.I just have to say that this jacket goes on the right way .
it's a daily use and i don't care of it as it's not a tuxedo
Platon go ahead on the same way you're gonna be a ONE OF THE FEW!!!!!!

FAB

Roughwear

Tim, I agree with you about the collar. It does look closer to originals than on ELC RWs. All the repro needs now is the correct nipple snaps, a slightly darker lining and an original Talon zipper, but these refinements would inflate the price. However I suspect Platon would be happy to have a NOS Talon zip fitted if provided by the customer. :)

A

Anonymous

I guess it would be proper to accept a NOS Talon after all the other details are in place.

For now, I suppose it's all right If I post some teaser photos of a customer wearing his since they are faceless

dsc0365wj.jpg

dsc0368zv.jpg

dsc0372kz.jpg

CBI

these jackets are looking very nice. My first instinct would be to buy a size larger and hot water treatment and dryer the heck out of it (possibly shrinking it a size) as the leather does not have quite as much character as I would like. However, the overall look easily outshines other lesser A-2 repros. Just the high end folks are still ahead however, with some tweakage as they stand now - pretty darn good!

Congrats!

A

Anonymous

there is an ongoing effort to updgrade the leathers....with loads of character... stay tuned.
it involves also training the cutters to use those grainy pieces of leathers they usually throw away when cutting fashion jackets... results to be seen soon.

A

Anonymous

wanted to say regret posting so much here, but it is because can't update the website yet....

CBI

again, great work. look forward to seeing the leather upgrades and hope those improvements won't up the price that much, but - no such thing as a free lunch :)

dmar836

Love that color. CBI, wonder if there would be an issue with dye-fastness with that "red" dye?

I agree. Looks great!

Dave

A

Anonymous

copyofimg1819.jpg

Russet with tan thread, this pic came out good so posting it here