• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

Shanghai-Mayne

IMG_9303.jpeg

Shanghai-Mayne

It is 1995, he was leading a rescue operation after an earthquake happened
IMG_0165.jpeg
. He was wearing a beautiful Soviet made flight jacket.

IMG_0167.jpeg
IMG_0168.jpeg

Dumpster D

I have one of those Jackets, picked up in Camden market in 2006. but the thing was simply falling to pieces so bad it's beyond repair.

Gary Eastman informed me, it was a post war repro, it's got god awful plastic trimming and a weird hide that almost feels artificial.

It just fell to bits, and believe me when I say:

I was well and truly ripped off for the asking price.

B-Man2

It’s either a commercial jacket of that period or a Hollywood creation . Certainly not a military issued flight jacket .

B-Man2

It had a 'private purchase' vibe to me. Now wondering about what kind of a jacket regulations would allow.
Regulations were pretty lax back in those days and US Army Air Force pilots could get away with a lot. You’ll see period photos of pilots wearing everything from private purchase jackets to cowboy boots .

A2 B3au

Let's posting here most favorite photos of famous people wearing their true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only).
I'd like to start from this one which I like most. Really cool man wearing really cool B-3. Superb fit. But enough words - let's just look at that. P.S. Is it ELMC B-3?
View attachment 5302
I’d always assumed this was Ralph Lauren .. bigtime stallone fan by the way

A2 B3au

I noticed this while watching one of my favourite films to watch as a pre teen.
Teen Wolf, must of seen this film 5 times at the cinema. Noticed Stiles wearing an A2 with both the name tag and patch removed, leaving faint stitch holes. Anyone else ever noticed this one before. Happy holidays Art
IMG_0823.png

B-Man2

It had a 'private purchase' vibe to me. Now wondering about what kind of a jacket regulations would allow.
I guess it depended on your rank.
This is General Lucian Truscott who consistently wore a commercially made private purchase leather jacket that looked like a “Raiders of the Lost Ark” jacket with epaulets. He was photographed wearing this jacket a lot . I’m willing to bet nobody blinked an eye about it .
IMG_2069.png