• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

band of brothers jacket

Sobels B-3, Winters A-2, and "Docs" (screen)blood covered Tanker are all at RMCNZ in Christchurch NZ.

Next time I'm there I'll ask to take some pictures, if I remember.

Bevan.

John Lever

That's interesting.
I had always thought he kept the jacket. On their website/brochure there is a photo of someone else not Schwimmer, sitting on a Jeep wearing a very nice dou - tone jacket. It looks to have been made from very carefully selected leather and has a warm coloured worn look. Repro manufacturers never seem to be able to quite capture that.

Chandler

PLATON said:
Hey,
Look at the tunneling on this one. You can't even see the knits.

That jacket just looks so new too, the collar looks like cardboard! I remember thinking that when I first saw the series -- those guys should have stomped on them a little bit. Nothing handles like a borrowed flight jacket. ;)

Chandler

m444uk

bristolherc said:
Sobels B-3, Winters A-2, and "Docs" (screen)blood covered Tanker are all at RMCNZ in Christchurch NZ.

Next time I'm there I'll ask to take some pictures, if I remember.

Bevan.

Bevan, how come they used RMCNZ in the first place ?

The wardrobe dept could of got Gary Eastman to drive up to Leavesden Studios with
a van full of stuff to make sure it fitted properly !

I remember watching the series and the leather jackets stuck out like a sore thumb as being
to new. Strange given the time and effort taken on the other clothing.

Peter Graham

m444uk said:
I remember watching the series and the leather jackets stuck out like a sore thumb as being
to new.
Surely during WW2 they would have been new, especially considering that they would not have been combat worn.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
Surely during WW2 they would have been new, especially considering that they would not have been combat worn.

That puzzled me too, I'd assumed that they were issued new.

And I can't imagine a wardobe department allowing a manufacturer onto a set to conduct their own fitting session.

The wardrobe dept could of got Gary Eastman to drive up to Leavesden Studios with a van full of stuff to make sure it fitted properly !

m444uk

deeb7 said:
Peter Graham said:

That puzzled me too, I'd assumed that they were issued new.

And I can't imagine a wardobe department allowing a manufacturer onto a set to conduct their own fitting session.
[/i]

Well, I work in the film industry and clearly it's easier to get stuff sent over from a local company than from the other side of the world.

Much of the time costumes, including some military, come from hire companies like Angels in London.

Ages ago I worked with Ronnie Maasz who was the 2nd unit camera operator on the War Lover.
From what he remembers all the flying gear was original and piled up in trucks, in other words it didn't at the time have a great deal of value. The actors picked through the stuff that fitted and hung it on their peg in the wardrobe trailer.

war2.jpg

warlover1.jpg