• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

band of brothers jacket

marco77

Hello boys ,

I am looking for pics of jacket used in hbo " band of brothers" : a-2, b-3, b-10, etc....

thanks for help

Marco

johnwayne

Hi Marco
I believe the A2's were made by Real McCoys although they dont seem to push the fact on the website 'www.realmccoys.co.nz' unlike Eastman with their 'Pearl Harbour' jackets! Having said that I haven't trawled through it - it might be tucked away there somewhere. I do recall thier ads in Flypast mag and they use highlighted the fact

Wayne

havocpaul

A-2's and B-3 by RMNZ, M-42 jumpsuits and main character M-1943 jackets by SM Wholesale, other M-1943's were Norwegian versions. Leather flight jackets only appear worn by main characters during the early episode dealing with the bootcamp/training in USA.

sgbailey2002

RMCNZ also provided Tanker jackets, such as the one used by the Medic. I had one from the show, sold it as it was just a little small in the shoulders.

SGB

wop54

Hi Marco,
I know nothing re. BoB leather jackets but in the website www.sofmilitary.co.uk you will find a BoB section with the jump suit (jacket + trousers) worn by the characters Dukeman and Speirs in different episodes.

Tim P

mccoys provided the leather jackets. I was part of a photoshoot at Hatfield in the belgian town used as a backdrop. handled 'mcauliffes' B10, also a McCoys.

Chandler

havocpaul said:
Leather flight jackets only appear worn by main characters during the early episode dealing with the bootcamp/training in USA.

Not so, A-2s can be seen in the post-D-day episodes, the pre-Bulge episode, worn by Harry Welsh, and in the post-war "Points" episode worn by Richard Nixon.

Not to mention the A-2s and a B-3, worn by Herbert Sobol, are seen worn in the U.K. training scenes.

Yeah, I know, I've seen the thing too many times...

Chandler

Chandler

Grant said:
RMNZ also made redskin B-6's for the series but they were never used.

One of the C-47 pilots in the D-Day jump scene was wearing a B-6 or D-1 -- hard to tell which from the camera angles, and difficult to see if it was a redskin.

Chandler

Hawkeye

Heres some screenshots

Sobels B-3

PDVD_000-1.jpg

PDVD_001-1.jpg

PDVD_002-1.jpg

Sobels A-2 (some MAJOR tunneling there)

PDVD_003-1.jpg

McCauliffes B-10

PDVD_004-2.jpg

PDVD_005-1.jpg

Winters A-2

PDVD_006.jpg

PDVD_007.jpg

PDVD_008.jpg

PDVD_009.jpg

PDVD_010.jpg

John Lever

I have always thought that the B-3 looks very tight across the chest. The leather looks quite stretched and stressed.
Nice jacket, I like the colour and texture.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
I have always thought that the B-3 looks very tight across the chest. The leather looks quite stretched and stressed.

I don't think it needed to be larger, he just looks kinda awkward in it .... uncomfortable. If anything, the sleeves look too big, that would drive me nuts with just fingers poking out,.

edmond

ive got a made band of brothers!

its buzz rickson but i got some real mccoys patch and had someone sew it .

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

Andrew

Last time I saw the series was when it first aired, but last week I came across the box set for half price- can't beat that. What a fantastic production, i'm still on the first- making it last- but it really was well done and as opposed to a movie it's great to have the time to spend on character dev, the gear and locations.

Aside from the jackets, who made all the other uniforms etc and were they accurate?

A

Anonymous

Hey,
Look at the tunneling on this one. You can't even see the knits.

PDVD_003-1.jpg