• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 Buzz vs Aero....

better duck

Cobblers161 said:
Well the ELC B-10 turned up yesterday........
Tell us how you sneaked it passed the wife, or what fibs you told her about this "old jacket" you scored from an old mate...
And of course: photos (preferably shot by your spouse) :lol:

Cobblers161

:D Ha ha, funny that, I've already used the 'jacket from a mate' excuse when the L-2 turned up, then the N-1 came and that had been on order for over a year, honest guv! This one's a bit tricky, I'm considering going for the 'ebay bargain' route or a steal off VLJ even. It's currently hiding in the cupboard above the wardrobe, I have to sneak it out in a holdall to wear it. I feel about 15 years old!

I'll post some photos of me wearing it once she's found out and beaten me within an inch of my life. Marriage eh? :D

A

Anonymous

Cobblers,
did you ever get away with it ??

I'd really love to see some photos of it if you are still alive and not singing soprano ! :D

J_H

Cobblers161

Sure will, if you go for it you'll love it. It's the tail end of summer in the UK and I've been wearing it daily, sweating buckets but looking good.

I'll get some shots taken this weekend.

As for the 'trouble', she sussed me out so I'm having to sell my Tanker which to be honest I'll happily do the B-10 is that good.

A

Anonymous

Hey Cobblers, where'd the photos get to ?

C'mon, it's cool enough now !!

J_H

A

Anonymous

Don't worry about photos. Got my B-10 now so I can take all the pics I like. Both before and after drooling - I said DROOLING - all over it. It's awesome :)

Have a good weekend All from a happy bunny !

J_H

Cobblers161

Ha ha! It's amazing how little spare time one has running a business and being run around by a 2 year old!

I'll be taking them tomorrow... Honest Guv.

Pleased you like yours, it's tremendous jacket and luckily our frankly dreadful Summer nee Autumn means the jackets can comfortably come out. :D

Cobblers161

Here ya go....

_SWH9853-1.jpg

_SWH9851-1.jpg

It's slightly large but that'll do me for winter...

Now lets have a butchers at yours........

A

Anonymous

Nice jacket Cobblers ! Good fit too. "Suits you Sir!"

I'll get some photos of mine up asap. I've gone for a size larger than a suit as I have big shoulders and otherwise can't move. It fits more like I imagine a B-15 would . I can't believe HOW comfortable it is. Managed to wear it for a while Saturday morning as it was a little cool (just a very little cool!). Had to take it off after half an hour as I was getting moist !

J_H

Peter Graham

Cobblers, very nice jacket. I've come to the conclusion that the B-10 is my all time favourite jacket. For comparison, here's my original Stagg B-10.
jackets004-4.jpg

Hawkeye

Very nice B-10 Cobblers, ELC makes a nice jacket. Although I have to admit I like the look of the Buzz jacket more, with the scalloped pocket flaps and darker coloured knits. By the way, does anyone here have the measurements for any one of the size 42, 44 and 46 Buzz B-10s?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Hawkeye said:
... By the way, does anyone here have the measurements for any one of the size 42, 44 and 46 Buzz B-10s?

It's safer to decide which one, and then work out the sizing, Hawkeye. The measurements are not interchangeable between the different Buzz B-10's, they can vary by almost a full size.

Cobblers161

Peter Graham said:
Cobblers, very nice jacket. I've come to the conclusion that the B-10 is my all time favourite jacket. For comparison, here's my original Stagg B-10.
jackets004-4.jpg

That's nice, as much as I love repros you can't beat the look of an original, and a well worn B-10 is stunning. I particularly like the curve of the pocket flaps and the darker mouton on the Stagg.

Swing

Cobblers161 said:
Here ya go....

It's slightly large but that'll do me for winter...

Now lets have a butchers at yours........

Very sharp! ELC does an outstanding job with the B-10 and B-15.

You'll be thankful the jacket is a hair large come winter. While warm, those jackets do need a sweater under them when temps are below freezing.

~Swing

Talisker

The Eastman B10 is easily my favourite winter jacket. I've tried the Buzz version on a couple of times and while it feels a little more robust and I like the darker mouton, the alpaca liner is a bit on the itchy side and overall nowhere near as comfortable. I've never been sure which lining is more authentic, anyone know which?

The same applies to the Buzz N1, as much as like the jacket I rarely wear it because of the lining, are originals like this or should the alpaca be softer?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Talisker said:
The Eastman B10 is easily my favourite winter jacket. I've tried the Buzz version on a couple of times and while it feels a little more robust and I like the darker mouton, the alpaca liner is a bit on the itchy side and overall nowhere near as comfortable. I've never been sure which lining is more authentic, anyone know which?

I also like the Eastman, but I'm fine with the alpaca in my Buzz Rough Wear.

Did you try the Buzz B-10's recently? I believe that BR changed their alpaca lining at some point.

Talisker

deeb7 said:
I also like the Eastman, but I'm fine with the alpaca in my Buzz Rough Wear.

Did you try the Buzz B-10's recently? I believe that BR changed their alpaca lining at some point.

I tried a couple on a week or so ago in American Classics in London. I think their stock is at least a year old though because I looked at them last winter.

Burnsie

deeb7 said:
It's safer to decide which one, and then work out the sizing, Hawkeye. The measurements are not interchangeable between the different Buzz B-10's, they can vary by almost a full size.

I've got Buzz's Oldin Dennis in a 42 and it's large on me (a pre VLJ purchase for me - should've asked for sizing advice!) - very comfortable for layering but looks big:
B-10worn.jpg

Cobblers161

If I had any money left i'd angling for Buzz Superior Togs B-10, the red knits just do it for me. The sizing appears a size larger than Eastman Roughwears, Hinoyas measurements for the ST B-10 in a 42" are the same as ELC in a 44"...

B-10RedKnits.jpg

Anyone have an image of an original Superior Togs B-10? I've never actually seen one.