• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 Buzz vs Aero....

Burnsie

Wearing the Buzz Oldin Dennis today...
B-10flat.jpg

AAFdecal.jpg

Doug C

Peter, thanks for that link..not sure why I couldn't locate it though.

deeb7 wrote:
I only have a picture of the BR,
Hey David, your Buzz Rickson RW B-10 looks awesome! Just a question though, in your picture (the avatar one) it comes off looking a bit light in color, almost a tan... I really dig that about it actually. Is that picture true to the color that it actually is? And also where are we getting the Rickson B-10 for 100 pounds less than the ELC?

Doug C

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
Hey David, your Buzz Rickson RW B-10 looks awesome! Just a question though, in your picture (the avatar one) it comes off looking a bit light in color, almost a tan... I really dig that about it actually. Is that picture true to the color that it actually is? And also where are we getting the Rickson B-10 for 100 pounds less than the ELC?

Thanks Doug,

Don't rely on the colour, I had to adjust it as the pictures came out blue looking ... some weird early morning NZ light. It's not far off though, for comparison, the trousers are khaki, and the shirt light blue.

The BR for 100 pounds less? That sounds like HPA, but with the new exchange rates, buying the ELC version direct is probably the best deal.

Doug C

OK, well does anyone here actually have an Aero B-10? This thread originally asked about it specifically. The pros from my POV for the Aero are: price ($288 usd currently), slightly scalloped pockets, and you can have the red/rust jersey knits (nice detail for the money) on it. Cons are: no winged star insignia, and maybe a less correct sateen cotton shell. Thoughts? Pictures?

Doug C

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
OK, well does anyone here actually have an Aero B-10? This thread originally asked about it specifically.

Doug, the initial replies suggested buying ELC, or Buzz instead, because the Aero isn't really a contender ... bad colour, wrong weight, bad pattern etc.

The only thing going for it is the price, but now there's the better option of the new German model. If you can live with the lightweight alpaca, and the 2" too long, it's a better option.

Doug C

right, I understand that Aero's fortay isn't really complete accuracy, I just wonder'ed how far off it really was as I've also noticed that their website pics don't always do justice to their products. I personally prefer the BR over the eastman, especially with the red knits...(less the art work, besides the insignia). But even the BR/Rw because of the contasting knits mainly.

Doug C

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Doug C said:
right, I understand that Aero's fortay isn't really complete accuracy, I just wonder'ed how far off it really was as I've also noticed that their website pics don't always do justice to their products.

Check out this post from Mark, in which he compares a cheap, knockabout, S.M. Wholesale B-10, with his Aero.

The Aero comes off second best ........

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2241&p=23353#p23353

rikitiki

I'm interested in a Buzz B-10. Do the sizes run small, large or spot on? I have a 39" chest: should I get a 38" or 40", assuming I want a good trim fit.

Hawkeye

rikitiki said:
I'm interested in a Buzz B-10. Do the sizes run small, large or spot on? I have a 39" chest: should I get a 38" or 40", assuming I want a good trim fit.

If its the Roughwear model your looking at, I would recommend going up at least a size. I have a 40-41 inch chest, and the size 44 fits like a glove, trim looking, but enough room to move around in and wear a sweater under. I believe I have a picture of the fit a couple pages back. B-10s werent meant to look painted on your body.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
rikitiki said:

I usually wear a 40, or Medium (38-40), in a modern jacket, and my Rough Wear BR is also size 40.

I would go with the 40, but get back to us if it isn't a Rough Wear.

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
I would go with the 40, but get back to us if it isn't a Rough Wear.

Agreed, you'll need a 40 in a BR Rough Wear, but should probably be okay with a 38 BR Stagg or house B-10.

jnlight75

I have to disagree with the go with your regular size advice. The Buzz RW is definitely small. I am a modern size 38/40 (tall and skinny), and the current version of the Buzz RW in size 42 fits just right, if not a little snug, in size 42. Other versions fit differently. I also have a Buzz Oldin-Dennis in size 42 that fits just like a 42, so it is slightly large on me.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
jnlight75 said:
I have to disagree with the go with your regular size advice. The Buzz RW is definitely small.

I'm 6', and I'm really happy with the fit .... I wouldn't want it any larger.

BRB-10c.jpg

jnlight75

Well, all I can say is I'm 6'1", 150lbs, wear a 38 or 40 and the 42 Buzz RW is the one that fits. I can post a pic of my fit tomorrow if there is interest.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
jnlight75 said:
Well, all I can say is I'm 6'1", 150lbs, wear a 38 or 40 and the 42 Buzz RW is the one that fits. I can post a pic of my fit tomorrow if there is interest.

...... and I'm about 25lbs heavier.

Sure, post a picture ..... we like pictures anyway. :)

Cobblers161

If you want a trim jacket a la Deeb then go for usual size, if you're a beefcake, jock, muscle mary or just want to wear a jumper or another jacket underneath in the depths of frozen winter then go a size up. There is very minimal tunneling and the length is perfect.

For the record I'm 6', 189lbs and my favourite colour is green.

stanier

I ordered a Buzz Superior Togs red knit from Japan last week, before they all go this year.

I picked it up yesterday and it's fantastic, I love the red knits and lighter mouton collar.

Great jacket, IMHO, and if you like them I'd grab one while you can.

Cheers all

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
stanier said:
.... I love the red knits and lighter mouton collar.

Oh yeah, the red knits are great .... don't forget to post a photo. ;)

Scrolling back up, I see that jnlight75 still owes us one.