• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 Buzz vs Aero....

Talisker

Cobblers161 said:
If I had any money left i'd angling for Buzz Superior Togs B-10, the red knits just do it for me. The sizing appears a size larger than Eastman Roughwears, Hinoyas measurements for the ST B-10 in a 42" are the same as ELC in a 44"...

My ELC B10 is a 44 and a bit large for me these days. I recently tried on the Buzz Rough Wear in a 42 and found it just that bit too tight under the arms even with a t-shirt. It was also quite a bit shorter than the Eastman.

Swing

Hawkeye said:
Just curious, as the jacket is made of cloth, would you iron it if it got wrinkly?

??? Do you mean creased, like the stress points on an A-2 get? If so, no, I wouldn't iron those out.

~Swing

Peter Graham

Cobblers161 said:
If I had any money left i'd angling for Buzz Superior Togs B-10, the red knits just do it for me. Anyone have an image of an original Superior Togs B-10? I've never actually seen one.
I'm a bit skeptical that B-10's were ever made with red knits. It deviates so much from the original spec, but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
I'm a bit skeptical that B-10's were ever made with red knits.

And if there is the odd example around wearing A-2 knits, it seems more likely that they were replacements.

But I'd still buy it.

.... and what can we expect from Buzz Rickson next year? The G-1 with sage knits from a MA-1?

I'm hoping for the one with socks.

khiattP-51

deeb7 said:
Peter Graham said:

And if there is the odd example around wearing A-2 knits, it seems more likely that they were replacements.

But I'd still buy it.

.... and what can we expect from Buzz Rickson next year? The G-1 with sage knits from a MA-1?

I have that exact Buzz Superior Toggs with the red knits. While I too never saw an original with such, this jacket is simply awesome. It looks stunning in person. It is to the B-10 what a Goodwear is to the A-2. It truly looks like a dead stock original.

The Buzz Superior B-10 is firmly locked on my "will never, ever sell unless really, really, super desperate" list.

-Kevin

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
khiattP-51 said:
The Buzz Superior B-10 is firmly locked on my "will never, ever sell unless really, really, super desperate" list.

-Kevin

Damn, and I suppose it's a size 40 .....

So you desperate yet? It's been nearly 5 minutes. :)

Cobblers161

khiattP-51 said:
deeb7 said:
Peter Graham said:

But I'd still buy it.

I have that exact Buzz Superior Toggs with the red knits. While I too never saw an original with such, this jacket is simply awesome. It looks stunning in person. It is to the B-10 what a Goodwear is to the A-2. It truly looks like a dead stock original.

-Kevin

Hows the sizing Kevin? I'm dissapointed it's not a 'true' repro as the notes on the BR indicate it was but it is rather handsome.

khiattP-51

It is a size 40 and it fits true to the tag - exactly as I would expect a vintage 40 to fit. I think it's about 22.5" or 23" pit to pit. From what I know about the B-10 pattern, this would be right in line with vintage sizing. I remember looking at the Japanese web sites which sell them and seeing what looks to be unusually long sleeve measurements for the tag size.....I was afraid the sleeves would be too long. I think it's how they measure because the sleeves are perfect length.

It's warm and very comfortable to wear. I thought I had some pictures of it on my photobucket site, but I did not. I need to update it with new pics of all my gear.

Well,...... I've slept on it since the last post and I'm still certain that I'll never sell it unless really, really, super, wife just kicked me out with the dog desperate :D

-Kevin

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
khiattP-51 said:
It is a size 40 and it fits true to the tag - exactly as I would expect a vintage 40 to fit. I think it's about 22.5" or 23" pit to pit. From what I know about the B-10 pattern, this would be right in line with vintage sizing.

So it's similar to the Rough Wear pattern, both the BR, and the Eastman measure at 22.5" in a size 40.

What colour are the knits, Kevin? On the BR site they appear brown, other pictures show them as anything from red, through to dark brown.

And who supplied it (if it's not a secret). ??

I never sell it unless really, really, super, wife just kicked me out with the dog desperate :D

I can wait .......... :lol:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
BR Superior Togs "Hell's Angels" version at Soen ... looking very red.

DSC02759.jpg

"Red Rib" Superior Togs from Buzz Rickson's own site ... not so much.

item_br11134.jpg

khiattP-51

David,

The knits on mine are red like the Hell's Angels model. Or, like Aero's red knits.

I bought it from a guy in the U.K.

-Kevin

Terry le Pirat

Hi, i think the BR "red rib version" of the B-10 looks very good, and have searched all my books for pictures of a original B-10 with red knits.

Hard to tell in b/w pictures, but some do show a lot of contrast between jacket and knits, on the other hand, there seems to be a lot of originals where the knitting is very much darker or lighter shade of green than the jacket, would of course also show contrast in b/w pictures.

In "Gear up" page 80, the picture from the USAAF illustrated catalouge, that B-10 seems to have very different shade of knits, and might be a early sample?

In the 353rd FG history "Jonah's feet are dry" by G.E. Cross (Thunderbolt publishing 2001), there is a picture on p 315 of two airmen standing together, one in a B-10 and one in a A-2, and the B-10 shows much contrast in colour, and comparing the "knit-colour-greyscale" of the A-2 and the B-10, they look quite similar.

However, i am no expert on contrast and the different grey-scales with ortho- and panachromatic films and all that, so it is of course very hard to really be sure.
Perhaps someone with japanese-speaking contacts could get help to drop BR a line and ask if they have an orignal? :)

I guess a period colour photo or an orignal is what is needed to solve the issue, but there is of course also the chance of field repair and so on...

Great forum by the way, nice with all you guys shearing your knowledge and your collections.
/Jerry

Hawkeye

Well, the Buzz Roughwear B-10 I bought off of Tankbuster last week arrived today, and I'm thrilled. It fits great, its warm and looks fantastic. Its an inch shorter than my a-2, but feels longer than the a-2 when worn, perhaps because the leather a-2 tends to ride up, while the cloth doesnt. I think I may have found a new favourite!

B-10005.jpg

B-10001.jpg

veli1

Congratulations Hawkeye, this jacket is absolutely perfect on you! Excuse me, how much did It cost you?Thanks.

Doug C

I keep looking for the B-10 on ELCs site but can't find it, it's not with the other cloth jackets... I see the B-15 everywhere but no B-10... where is it?

Doug C