• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else having problems with photos showing up in the threads or am I the only one ?

Nickb123

Seemed to be a little glitchy with some photos not showing up over the weekend but looks to be fine now on my end.

I will say, the current format of this site to me is optimal. Other than the occasional large ad that sometimes takes over the entire screen, I’ve found this site to be about as smooth-running as can be.

Can’t say the same for TFL. There are now far too many ads and it’s just difficult even navigating through all the clutter. VLJ may be less sophisticated and elegant but I greatly prefer this format.

This is the wheel and I hope it’s never re-invented!

B-Man2

This is all I get when trying to view or post photos . I’m posting this snapshot but I won’t be able to see if it gets posted .
IMG_1306.png

Chandler

Yeah -- something screwy, Burt. Both my Mac desktop and Android phone are seeing everything.

And, FWIW, I cleared all the cookies from my Firefox browser the other day (despite my protests) to see if it helped clear some problems -- but it just created more. Although, not here at VLJ. :confused:

B-Man2

Try a pm to Nathsn I am sure he can help.
If there any any particular images you want to see I can e mail them to you
Thanks John … I appreciate your offer. I’ll just ride it out and hopefully if enough people are having the same problem it will be fixed .

B-Man2

OK .... not trying to complain too much, but I still wasnt able to see photos from my I Phone even after changing some things around. So now I'm on my laptop, a PC, and I can see newly posted photos for about 2 mintues and then the photo goes away and Im left with an IMG -Jpeg number
Anyone else experiencing this ?

Chandler

Ugh. The only common denominator here (between your phone and laptop) is your service provider -- but it seems pretty strange that would effect photo viewing.

Maybe something with your SP and the VLJ system?

Can you switch your phone to use mobile data, or something other than your SP, and see how VLJ looks?

B-Man2

Yeah but then I’d be paying increased mobile data roaming fees . Here’s the issue . I’m not having this photograph problem on any of the other forums I visit to include Fedora , Miltary Forum , p.38 forum or any of the others . Just here . It’s frustrating.

Micawber

Sorry if this has been suggested Burt but have you tried another browser and / or clearing your browser cache? Cold reboot?

B-Man2

Sorry if this has been suggested Burt but have you tried another browser and / or clearing your browser cache? Cold reboot?
Steve
Thanks for the suggestion .. I did clear out the browser cache and rebooted but haven’t changed browser. I guess that’s next .
Thanks