• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

advice for ELC RW27752

Damien

Hi!

I want to order a eastman roughwear contract 27752 with nametag and AAF decal (non-returnable).
I have already a M422a by eastman in size 40. I think the sz 40 will be good for the 27752 if it like the m422a fit but I want to be sure!

some pictures of me with the Eastman m422a size40R (sorry for the quality):
m422a110.jpg

m422210.jpg

m422310.jpg

m422510.jpg

m422710.jpg

I am 1m83 tall and I weigh 72kg.
What is your opinion?

thanks!

watchmanjimg

Damien:

I think the M422a looks great on you. Generally speaking, I'm not sure an A-2 will be as comfortable as your USN jacket due to the absence of the bi-swing back. However, from what I understand the RW27752 has a roomier fit than some other A-2 contracts. This may account for the difference, but I'll defer to the more experienced members on this.

Swing

watchmanjimg said:
Damien:

I think the M422a looks great on you. Generally speaking, I'm not sure an A-2 will be as comfortable as your USN jacket due to the absence of the bi-swing back. However, from what I understand the RW27752 has a roomier fit than some other A-2 contracts. This may account for the difference, but I'll defer to the more experienced members on this.

Last time I handled a 27752, ELC had trimmed the jackets down quite a bit, and I would need to go up a size from what I wear in my ELC Monarch.

Looking at the photos, I'd assume the original poster is from the UK or Europe (now that I go back and look, he's from France). I'd order a plain jacket from ELC, confirm the size, then send it back for exchange or to have the decal and name tag added. Will cost more, but better to spend the extra $$$ and get exactly what you want.

~Swing

greyhound52

Take a size 42 in original G-1s and a 42 in the ELC 27752. That said what the other poster mentioned on the bi-wing swing make a world of difference. You will find the A2 more "confined" than the G-1. I agree with Swing get a 40 see if it fits then have it done up.

Damien

many thanks!
I compared the M422a sz40 mensurations with the A2 rw27752 sz40 mensurations (found on acmedepot). It appears that the A2 is more large for the body:

th_front_meas.jpg

th_back_meas.jpg

A: the A2 adds 3.5cm (1.38 inches)
D: + 4.7cm (1.85 inches)
E:+3.1cm (1.22 inches)
the rest of the mensurations are the same but the knits of the A2 are more long (+2cm> 0.79 inches).
For me it's hard to exchange because of my budget...it's why I hoped that the M422a help me to choose the good size.

A

Anonymous

Damien said:
many thanks!
I compared the M422a sz40 mensurations with the A2 rw27752 sz40 mensurations (found on acmedepot). It appears that the A2 is more large for the body:

th_front_meas.jpg

th_back_meas.jpg

the rest of the mensurations are the same but the knits of the A2 are more long (+2cm> 0.79 inches).
For me it's hard to exchange because of my budget...it's why I hoped that the M422a help me to choose the good size.

Listen to Swing as this information from acme is old ,the jackets are trimmer in the fit and this could be a problem .I really do not understand why you are not getting your info from ELC the maker on size as they are the ones that make the jacket .Eastman can email fax or send you a letter re the sizing .

Jeff

Tim P

I dont know if the need for advice extends this far but FFS choose a star or if you dont want a dark jacket a cable or best still, a monarch. the collars on those roughwears are a beeyhatch. you will never know a minutes comfort wearing it. sorry but I have had two and tried several others. As much as I love the fit of other eastman jackets and as much custom as I give them the roughwear is territory I dont roam in and I would advise anyone who asked the same. (BTW their pearl harbors come with a wierd collar when new.

Swing

DUBOWA2 said:
Damien said:
many thanks!

th_front_meas.jpg

th_back_meas.jpg

Listen to Swing as this information from acme is old ,the jackets are trimmer in the fit and this could be a problem .I really do not understand why you are not getting your info from ELC the maker on size as they are the ones that make the jacket .Eastman can email fax or send you a letter re the sizing .

Jeff

Yep, get measurements from ELC to compare to the M-422. IIRC, current RW A-2s are 4" bigger than labeled size (which is probably the same as the M-422). I haven't gone back to the ACME Review, but I believe ELC RW's measured 6" over tagged size when that review was done.

~Swing

Swing

One other thing for the original poster, your M-422 looks like it fits you very well (most of the guys here would kill to get a jacket that fits and looks that good on them). Don't take this the wrong way, but you look like you're pretty young (I'd guess you're still in your teens) and have a couple more years of growing to do. A size 42 might be way to go with the 27752, even if a size 40 fits you good now.

~Swing

A

Anonymous

How do people in France look at you with American style ,The last time I was there the French people would not give me the time of day and made it clear to me that I was not welcome there .Being English I guess the country as a whole had nothing but distain for us and tarred us all with the same brush .I have been to France about 20 times same old story.

Rgds Jeff

Tim P

I have had too many experiences of french people being downright rude and unfriendly to me. I now treat as I find when I meet a french person, many of whom are really nice people (And Bruno, I love ya!!) but While I open with courtesy I wait for their courtesy or lack of it before continuing, I then either remain courteous or walk away whatever the circumstances.. no one has a God given right to be rude to me.

Cobblers161

Wow! I'm suprised, I always saw the 'rude French' as being a caricature rather than a trait. I love France and the French, never had a bad experience and been there many times. Excellent food, excellent wine and such a beautiful country.

I have to say it helps if you can speak a little of the lingo.

Maybe they just don't like Yanks.. :D

Oh, and as for the jacket, downsize one!

watchmanjimg

I've not yet visited France, but I've heard similar rumors about the predominantly French-speaking parts of Canada and nothing could be further from the truth. I've always enjoyed my visits to Montreal and look forward to the next one, whenever that may be.

A

Anonymous

watchmanjimg said:
I've not yet visited France, but I've heard similar rumors about the predominantly French-speaking parts of Canada and nothing could be further from the truth. I've always enjoyed my visits to Montreal and look forward to the next one, whenever that may be.

French Canadians are a pleasure to deal with I been there many times myself ,I am talking France French Francais my Friend and I talk a little French .Jeff

CBI

The 27752 runs LARGE, its very chesty. Too much room in upper chest area. I think the jacket has an odd cut. I tried 3 differnt sizes on last year. I am a 44R standard size. The 46 was WAY too big, the 44 was still big, the 42 fit but still lots of extra unwanted room in the chest. This has been my experience with ELC sizing. I don't wear a 42 anything except my ELC A-1 and ELC RW 1401 A-2.

Damien

thanks for reply,

I asked to Alan Eastman the mensuration of the RW sz40 (and for the star sz40..I don't want to regret!).

You know, all french are not the same....In normandy We have many respect for the allies because of our history. If you went to Paris it is normal, the parisian are not cordial with nobody! :lol: The american style is well accepted in France. I have never had bad comment about this.

ps: @Swing: I'm 19 years old but I finished my growth and my weight is constant... For a size up I'm scared because I have a bad experience with the A2 jacket, I have one us authentic size 42...very too large for me.

wop54

watchmanjimg said:
As for the "prejudices" and "clichè" about the different european nationalities I've heard an old joke that I try to translate into English, not sure that i will do an accetable work tho, nothing is more difficult than to translate a joke into a foreign language :?
A plan crashes in a desert island. There are survivors: 3 italians: 2 males and a female, 3 english: 2 males and a females, same thing for the germans, french and greek.
After 1 year: one italian killed the other for jealousy, the french live a perfect "menage a trois", the germans have strictly rules and a perfect organization to get laid with the female, the two greeks live a wonderful love story whilst the female does the cooking and house keeping. The english? Still waiting to be introduced to each others....
Hope that nobody will get hurt... it's just a joke!!! ;)

jacketimp

I have to say it helps if you can speak a little of the lingo.

oh la la .......enchantee de faire votre connaisance........vous vous etres tres tres amiable.....

marco77

salut damien ;)

why don't you see a RMNZ RW ? Paddy take all measures and it is perfect but no so confortable than your very very beautiful ELC m-422 !!!!!

I am not decided yet between a new A-2 or a M-422 but I see this

http://www.c-king.jp/2.html

and :eek: !!!

see you Damien !!!

A french one too !!!!!