• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

advice for ELC RW27752

Marv

Go for the ELC Star, a much better jacket all round - fit, style and look are all top notch IMHO.

Chandler

Damien said:
...I finished my growth and my weight is constant...

Trust us old timers -- it won't be "constant," especially from 19 up. I'm sure it has as much to do with aging and genes as it does with cultural cuisine and activity.

With 30 years on you, I can tell you that my size(s) and shape have changed much over those decades!

Chandler

Swing

Chandler said:
Damien said:
...I finished my growth and my weight is constant...

Trust us old timers -- it won't be "constant," especially from 19 up.

Right. The early 20s is were growing is over and a little filling out occurs. Then from 30 onward you can really fill out if you aren't careful! :oops: Can't wait for summer to get here and get active outside again, and drop a few lbs.

~Swing

wop54

Marv said:
Go for the ELC Star, a much better jacket all round - fit, style and look are all top notch IMHO.

Here is my ELC Star after "50 missions" (1 mission: drive to the office - bomb the office - drive safely back home :) )
CSC_0086-1-1.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

CSC_0085.jpg

CSC_0084.jpg

how come that when i was 19 (loooooong time ago) i wore a size 40, now a 46.... too much italian food&drinks?

cheers, carlo

hacker

Damien said:
thanks for reply,

You know, all french are not the same....In normandy We have many respect for the allies because of our history. If you went to Paris it is normal, the parisian are not cordial with nobody! :lol: The american style is well accepted in France. I have never had bad comment about this.

ps: @Swing: I'm 19 years old but I finished my growth and my weight is constant... For a size up I'm scared because I have a bad experience with the A2 jacket, I have one us authentic size 42...very too large for me.

I agree totally!.........I have been to France many times, and find that people are much friendlier outside the big cities. Paris and tourist trap towns are the worst. My experiences in Normandy were always positive.

You might go up one size, and that's a maybe in a few years, but when you break 40, watch out! :( .................so you got a while :lol:

And no A-2 is going to be as comfortable as an M422a...period!

Hacker

jacketimp

wop54 said:
Marv said:

Here is my ELC Star after "50 missions" (1 mission: drive to the office - bomb the office - drive safely back home :) )
CSC_0086-1-1.jpg

[how come that when i was 19 (loooooong time ago) i wore a size 40, now a 46.... too much italian food&drinks?

cheers, carlo

is this the repro you gonna patch?

wop54

jacketimp said:
wop54 said:
Marv said:

CSC_0086-1-1.jpg

[how come that when i was 19 (loooooong time ago) i wore a size 40, now a 46.... too much italian food&drinks?

cheers, carlo

is this the repro you gonna patch?
no, not this one. I have other 2 A2s both with stich holes that i want to cover with a patch.

Chandler

wop54 said:

Is that horsehide or steerhide? I ask because it looks just like my ELC Star steerhide. I love the texture on the hide.

how come that when i was 19 (loooooong time ago) i wore a size 40, now a 46.... too much italian food&drinks?

All of the above, plus genetics.

I pulled out an old suit from my closet, bought it around 23 years ago -- the coat is a size 40. I can't ever remember being a size 40 after my high school years!

Chandler

wop54

Chandler said:
wop54 said:

Is that horsehide or steerhide? I ask because it looks just like my ELC Star steerhide. I love the texture on the hide.

All of the above, plus genetics.

I pulled out an old suit from my closet, bought it around 23 years ago -- the coat is a size 40. I can't ever remember being a size 40 after my high school years!
I agree... Im genetically oriented toward foods and drinks.. :D As for your question: Horse
Hide (hope that my 13 yo daughter will never read this...)
Cheers, Carlo
Chandler

dujardin

helloooooooooo,

first welcome on the forum, you will have good moments here and also good conceal.
Normandy, i like this part of France.
concerning your jacket, follow what Hacker said, take a size up; you're young but maybe that in few year she will be too short.
i'm only 42 but i can't wear my uniform when i leave the Navy (i was 26).
so if i had ordered a jacket at that time, pitty but i can't wear her anymore.
i buy my first jacket, a civilian copy of the famous Irvin. now i may wear her but can't pull the zipper to close her.
byebyeeeeeeee hope to see you posting often

marcel

Cobblers161

Nooooo... Don't listen to them! Get a size that fits! You're 19 and you'll be that size for years yet, you don't want to be walking round in a tent until you fill out (approximately mid 20's by which time you'll have lots of others).

Do what you did with the neat looking M422a, make sure it fits perfect, then when it's too small sell it on. If it's too big when you get it you just won't feel comfortable.

Damien

Hello,

after long long reflection, I took a size40. I choose to have a good fitting now (I could seduce girls now! not in 10 years! :lol: ) The argument of Cobbler convinced me.
When it is too small for me, maybe I paint a noseart on the back to increase the selling price!
I had a Flight jacket to large (the US Authentic size 42)....result: I didn't like for it and I sold it. I don't want to make the same error a second time.
With the M422a size 40 I have already a good margin for the chest and the A2 is more roomier...I hope its the good choice.

many thanks for your helps.

Cobblers161

Good luck, hope it works out. The chicks will dig it! ;)

I am sure ELC will exchange it if for any reason it doesn't fit.

jacketimp

yep........

when the chicks suck up to you....

make sure they have deeeeeeep throats......

they swallow..........

guuuuuuuulp............................................