• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Irvin ??

jack31916

He also succeeded in selling a reproduction Denison Smock ( also with a washed out label) for 361.00 GBP on Ebay :(

Better beware of this guy.

Roughwear

He's also selling a Breitling Aviastar Pilots Watch for £1,600 starting price. These are rare watches and command a high price but he mis-spells Breitling and this made me laugh in the context of the ELC Irvin-
Please note, because of scammers and thieves, the watch will only be sent by registered courier once cleared funds are in my account. I will also not deal “off e-bay” for the same reason, or with anyone with low or dubious feedback.

rich

First time I've been called a pundit, and I have been called a lot of things....! Good result though.

Roughwear

His reply to me about the jacket being Eastman is interesting. I gave him the link to ELC site and 1940 pattern jacket.
Thanks, I have seen it, hence pulling the jacket from sale until I am able to verify what I have?
I would not wish to mislead or rip anyone off.

In any event it didnt cost me that much, poddibly a case of caveat emptor on my part!

I would have thought just by comparing his jacket with the one on the ELC website should be sufficient to verify it. :roll:

Andrew

hehehe, this is our correspondance...

He must be getting tired of copping it. Re-reading my question now I think I was maybe a little rough on him. Still, he didn't answer my question, specifially about the text on the pulls which would be a giveaway.

"Dear ccottalsace,

Are you seriously suggesting this is an original 1940 manufactured Irvin?
From your photos it looks like a recent Eastman reproduction and that would
be very simple to confirm by the writing on the label and the text on the
zipper pulls.
Could you please advise exactly what writing they have on
them.

If this an ELC repro, I would advise that you edit your auction to
confirm this as you would otherwise be misrepresenting this as an original
jacket in very good condition.

thanks"

"Dear xxxxxxx,

Thanks for your somewhat curt and abrupt question, I am not quite sure who
you think you are addressing me in such a way or indeed who you think you
are?
Simply put, I am selling this jacket in good faith, I believe to my
best knowledge it is real - it was purchased by me from a car boot sale in
2008 as a genuine jacket.
I am not an expert, nor do i profess to be!
I
have seen the Esatman site, and the jackets on there, I also have used part
of their text for their jackets and given them the credit for the
wording.
I can only go on what I know and believe to be true.
Thanks.

-ccottalsace"

rich

Good show Andrew. And he'd have got away with it too, if it hadn't been for them pesky kids.................

handworn

The really funny part is not that he changed the price to a million pounds before pulling it, though that's funny enough, but that the "You might also like" section of eBay recommendations now pulls in a bunch of other items which were also pulled and whose titles were changed to things like "do not bid for this item not longer on sale!" and "SO SORRY, THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER FOR SALE...." :lol:

Peter Graham said:
It's been pulled.