• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything and Everything A-1

Doug C

[quote="asiamiles] In the past we have heard about there being so-called "green A-1's" but perhaps this slightly greeny-brown colour is actually what was being referred to and a proper green A-1 jacket as made by Lost Worlds never existed?[/quote]

That's what I'd suspect, this color just seems more realistic to me. Like John said though, we may never know. I myself kind of like it.
Doug C

zoomer

Been awhile since any A-1 sightings from the era. oose found General Chaney at Randolph Field recently; here's another.

Lieut. Carlton F. Bond, Air Reserve Corps, was CO of Pearson Field, Vancouver, Wash., and the 321st Observation Squadron from 1929-'33.
bond_cf_portrait.jpg

Note his distinctly unmilitary watch and dramatic cigarette case.

Officers of the 321st on maneuvers, 1933. Bond is 4th from r, top. Note the reservists' mix of A-2s, A-1s, and civvy jackets.
5218497726_29cf228ee9_o.jpg

Pearson first landed a balloon in 1905 and still serves general aviation, making it the US' oldest operating airfield.
im678.jpg
ca. 1930

bseal

Good Wear Leather Clothing Company. I will get more pictures up within the next few days, I promised buzzthetower I would post a bunch.

Dr H

Sorry, I have just read the corresponding post in which you state that it is.
Lovely looking jacket and possibly a large 42 or 44?
Look no further if you ever feel the need to put it on the market :mrgreen:

bseal

bseal said:
Good Wear Leather Coat Company. I will get more pictures up within the next few days, I promised buzzthetower I would post a bunch.
Hopefully I can get around to more images today.

Chris217

That has to be one of the best looking A-1's I've ever seen! I can't wait to see what it looks like once you break it in.

I think I'm going to have a velvet oil painting of John Chapman done to hang over my fireplace cause he is without a doubt the MAN!!!! :lol:

Dr H

Yes, according to John apparently a short run (4 or 5 jackets) to test a new supplier of capeskin (after the last supply dried up). Prior, one hopes, to a regular customer jacket option to be made available on the website.