• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smart looking new Aero

Dr H

Just released on the other channel.
From the black pages, the Aeromarine - the latest take on the Menlo Cossack/Heron.
IMG_3301-800.jpg

Not a shabby effort - if I didn't have the goat Cossack I'd give it a second look.
This design is going to be the one to be seen in this season, with offerings from Himel Brothers, LVC, Aero and soon BK.

John Lever

That's the jacket I posted about last week, the one from ebay all those years ago. Looks like it was well worth the wait. I have photos somewhere, the shape of the pockets always stuck in my mind. I also remember that Ken didn't like the collar at the time, glad he stuck with original shape. I assume as with the original it will be unlined.

Dr H

Then, young Lever, you chose...wisely.
Smart, already causing some soiled trousers on FL.
There will be a lengthy waiting list.

John Lever

War ? why ?
Aero have been incubating this one for well over ten years,before even A-1's became that popular. I think it was only LW and Aero that made A-1's at that time.

A

Anonymous

War ? why ?
Aero have been incubating this one for well over ten years,before even A-1's became that popular. I think it was only LW and Aero that made A-1's at that time.

I am joking, but what a coincidence!!
I thought about having BK make this jacket couple of months ago and the pattern was finished yesterday.
Ours is also a copy of an original.
We made our homework and the details are copied exactly.

omarco

PLATON said:
War ? why ?

I thought about having BK make this jacket couple of months ago and the pattern was finished yesterday.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with Platon, how about a pic of the original? Himel is the one to beat in this style IMHO.

A

Anonymous

That's true.
Sorry I can't say more because a) they won't let me b) will ruin the surprise.

stevetfire

Ooooo Errr come on fellas I'm trying to finish a motorcycle, :lol: ....it gets my vote ,...looking forward to Bk's offering Platon

Jeff M

I placed an order through Insurrection for one a few days ago.
I asked them to go with the more rounded pocket flap/bottom seam as is used on this version of the design shown in the earlier picture of the jacket shown at TFL.

bretron

John Lever said:
Photos of the original -
A1_Style_Front.jpg

A1_Style_Back.jpg

John, that is definitely my preferred version of the shawl collar "A1"- love the back detail and unlined interior. so smart!

Howver, id given the option, I'd take mine with a collar tab like this:
6C7D5CDC-F416-437A-9E2B-B0798C040076-2861-000002F01B1636F8.jpg

Platon, nudge , nudge, wink, wink ;)

joeson

omarco said:
PLATON said:
War ? why ?

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with Platon, how about a pic of the original? Himel is the one to beat in this style IMHO.

With you on that,love my Himel bros jacket.

chamboid

I just picked up on of the 1930's plaid shawl collar jackets as bellow, very nice design with the old style waist elastic and button cuffs, unlike the military version. very similar in design to the wool A-1 breton posted apart from patch pockets and no collar tab. nice design a slightly more laid back that the leather version.

I like the Aero offering, but the pocket don't look right to me, seem a tad too small to be practical?

http://historypreservation.com/hpassoci ... c_mont.jpg