• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIll Kelso Roughwear 23380

chamboid

I've had this jacket since just before christmas, but haven't had a chance to wear it, let alone review, or show some photos.

But the day has come.

The jacket is a size 36 Roughwear 23380, made in the pre-Victory horse seal. Price €620

The jacket shipped very quickly, and received photos from Andy to show the finished product, which I liked very much, when opening the box, and something which I think was mentioned in the Aero review is the small of the leather, it is amazing and fills the room with its fantastic smell, rich sweet and homely.

Right out of the box, the jackets patina is astonishing, as I have said, I have not worn this jacket for more than to try it on, and study it in a mirror. The leather has a lovely weight to it, feels good and tough and will with wear settle in very nicely. The leather is a little squeaky at first but with one coating of Pecards has settled down.

The workman ship, and construction is second to none all of the hard wear is spot on down to the dimples in the pocket studs, and Talon zipper. Tke knits are touch and comfortable, and feel like they will last a long time and retain their strenth

I dont have any 'fit-pics' at the moment, and dont want to stand in a mirror pointing a camera at myself, always feel like a 15 year old girl heading out for a night on the town, and the light would be no good anyway. but he fit is perfect, I sent Andy my measurements, and when the jacket turned up fit as I wished it to, perfect length on the sleeves, length and fit round the chest and waist. The armholds are small, but it is a replica of a vintage leather jacket, and the do tend to be.

With that said the colour of the jacket is beautiful with different depths and textures, it is not red as shown in some photographs on here, it a very nice, mid deep brown colour, which the od green thread compliments perfectly.

One thing that strikes me when wearing it, is the shape and size of the collar, and neck hole, much larger then my LW 'Dubow" but love the way its sits with the collar stand. I like to wear the jacket with the collar studs fastened, feel the same about A-2 and button-down colar shirts, they're there for a reason, use them.

Anyway, nuff said, look at the photos, thats what everyone wants.

P1070139_zpsc00575f8.jpg

P1070148_zpsaa14b2a8.jpg

P1070141_zpsa84955d1.jpg

P1070144_zps1f9f9771.jpg

P1070146_zps2c36ae97.jpg

P1070143_zps96a8a753.jpg

All in all, a great jacket, and from a manufacturer whoI will definitely return to.

stevetfire

Very, very nice indeed that hide looks absolutely fantastic , I think your description is spot on reference the quality and workmanship and its great to see some more of Andys work coming through, we'll done Kelso a real cracker :)

Almagnifico

Congratulations, this is a very beautiful jacket.
I am waiting for my BK DUBOW... And I will order another one soon. But I never see Pre Victory horse on website.
And this model is 720 euros.... Unfortunatly. :oops:

If this RW was at 620 euros, I order on as soon as possible.

chamboid

I did pay 620 for it, and worth every penny, look
Forward to the weather warming up a bit for me to wear it proper.

If the big eyed smiley face means surprise I hope it's because the price was good.

crazyace

Oustanding jacket! Awesome patina and has a tough looking character to it. the workmanship looks great! wear it in good health.

Skip

Detail in it looks great. Got yourself a stunning looking jacket there Chamboid, and I'm sure you'll look stunning in it.

chamboid

I believe its the intermediate 'Premium' leather, but is so good. How'd you think it fits John, Feels like it does, and I like the cut, which I suppose is most important, but other opinions are always interesting

John Lever

chamboid said:
I believe its the intermediate 'Premium' leather, but is so good. How'd you think it fits John, Feels like it does, and I like the cut, which I suppose is most important, but other opinions are always interesting
Spot on.

Rutger

Yeah, this looks outstanding, I don't see any room for improvement except for some wear.