• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Xmas quiz

John Lever

Sadly I have to report that the jacket was too small.
Gary made me a special concho without the concho or chest patch. Basically a hand dyed SFAD B3.
Tagged a 42, I couldn't even zip it up fully and the arms were only 23 in long. I found out that they wash the jackets as part of the process and this causes shrinkage. I asked for a non wahed replacement but Gary wouldn't entertain it.
All round a real disappointment.
Bummer.

saucerfiend

Sadly I have to report that the jacket was too small.
Gary made me a special concho without the concho or chest patch. Basically a hand dyed SFAD B3.
Tagged a 42, I couldn't even zip it up fully and the arms were only 23 in long. I found out that they wash the jackets as part of the process and this causes shrinkage. I asked for a non wahed replacement but Gary wouldn't entertain it.
All round a real disappointment.
Bummer.
John, is you can't zip it up with your slight build, that must have REALLY shrunk. Pretty rotten that he won't replace it with what you want after such a wait and anticipation.

John Lever

Washing the jacket totally ruins it IMO.
I have a sample of unwashed SFAD skin, the fleece is silky and shiny, really gorgeous.
It just baffles me.

Smithy

That's really piss poor service John. You've always stuck up for and championed ELC even when many of us were having a pop at them about their prices over the last few years.

Quite frankly I'm a bit shocked they'd treat you this way. It's just really bad customer service.

These sorts of things make me think more and more that us historical enthusiasts aren't their core business anymore and because of that they don't want the hassle with our niggles. They'd rather sell to the cashed up hipster crowd or those in Asia and the Middle East who don't care and just buy stuff off the rack.