• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII KHAKI

B-Man2

Alright so where does that leave us for high-quality WWII-style khakis and HBT’s? In American sizes?

I have a pair of Buzz Ricksons’s that are quite good from HPA, and I may order some from the Real McCoy’s via Standard & Strange. But I’m not finding a really quality knock-off of the WWII fatigues I want.

Does ATF make truly quality stuff? Or is there any such similar repro maker? I’m not terribly bothered for exact authenticity, in that I’d prefer even higher quality materials and attention-to-detail a la EMC or GW.
I checked the ATF website and I only saw Olive drab colored pants . Speaking from experience with previous purchases from ATF, the quality of their products is usually fairly good. I have paratrooper pants and a couple of their jackets and I’m very happy with their stuff. Others may have had a different experience but I wouldn’t be afraid to buy their products.
Cheers

stanier

Alright so where does that leave us for high-quality WWII-style khakis and HBT’s? In American sizes?

I have a pair of Buzz Ricksons’s that are quite good from HPA, and I may order some from the Real McCoy’s via Standard & Strange. But I’m not finding a really quality knock-off of the WWII fatigues I want.

Does ATF make truly quality stuff? Or is there any such similar repro maker? I’m not terribly bothered for exact authenticity, in that I’d prefer even higher quality materials and attention-to-detail a la EMC or GW.

Have you considered Bob Dong at least for khakis? I don't know if they do HBT. But they have up to a listed size 38" waist?

Grant

I've never tried a pair in person, but the Buzz 1942 US Army Trousers look like they're cut accurately; with a high rise and full cut legs that don't taper.
Bronson and Dong, on the other hand, both look like modern styling with a lower rise and narrowing taper to the legs.

Also, the Buzz USMC HBT's look pretty good, but never had a pair.

Cocker

For khaki trousers, there's also a couple interesting (if not exact WW2 Us Army mil spec) options at What Price Glory. If they are as good as their M1937 trousers, should be really good for the price.

Seen WW2 Imp is out of stock, I think I'm gonna have a go at them fairly soon.

Brettafett

Brett, I have the same size as you (levis 32 32). I wait for the pants from them and I ordered 34 ... I don’t know if this will work or not ... I also don’t know if I will get them or not. Tracking is still dead.
Please keep me informed Dmitry! You really must try come out to next years Flying legends or RIAT maybe...

Flightengineer

Please keep me informed Dmitry! You really must try come out to next years Flying legends or RIAT maybe...

If I get them I will make careful measurements and inform.
However, my correspondence with the Bronson team has not yet brought my order closer to me. Judging by the tracking that they provided the package is still not transferred to the freight company. Perhaps they lost it and now they have indicated that they can resend the order. In any case, I lost almost a month but did not receive pants.

About the Flying Legends ... if by that time the borders are will be open and I can fly in, I will be glad to visit this show and see you. A year ago guys who restored the IL-2 received an invitation from the organizers of the Flying Legends but were unable to participate for a number of reasons. Perhaps it will be in the future and it would be easier for me to join them as part of the team cause I know the test pilots and many guys who helped this IL return into the sky.
It's all in God's hands...

M. from Berlin

different sizing at Bronson. I´ve bought the denim 1942 USN trouser in 34 ....fits perfectly. but the HBT USN trouser in 34 is to smal.

asiamiles

Really tempted to buy some WW2 Marine repro herringbone type, but I don't think I'll buy the Monkey one's with the pocket on the butt.
Without the rear pocket would they be any different to 2nd pattern HBT trousers...and can anyone recommend which might be the best repros of these to buy?
I've always remembered Rod Taylor in THE BIRDS wearing a pair, though always wondered if he had them taken in as they look somewhat slimmer to how originals usually look.

birdsmitch5-cl3-pants.jpg

jack31916

Without the rear pocket would they be any different to 2nd pattern HBT trousers...and can anyone recommend which might be the best repros of these to buy?
I've always remembered Rod Taylor in THE BIRDS wearing a pair, though always wondered if he had them taken in as they look somewhat slimmer to how originals usually look.

birdsmitch5-cl3-pants.jpg
The Dutch Marine Corps was outfitted with surplus P44 uniforms in 1945. From the period pics you can see that a lot of marines removed the rear pocket ( which i did with my repro pair ). The difference with the 2nd pattern army HBT is that the USMC twill has a different weave and colour and the pockets, with double buttons closure, are more situated to the front.

I got my repro pair from Wwiiimpressions but they don't sell these anymore. Best repros are probably from BR but pricewise it's better trying to get an original pair. Just my opinion...

B-Man2

WWII Impressions always seems to be out of stock. Particularly with boots, I’m not sure how they stay afloat, as customers won’t wait around waiting for items to be restocked all the time.