• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII KHAKI

Grant

I know high waisted pants aren't the hippest thing to wear, but nothing like a pair of original wartime button fly khaki trousers, or chinos, or whatever you call them. The high rise and wide cut legs make them super comfortable in warm weather.
They're still kinda easy to find and inexpensive here in the states, so I haven't compared them to high end repros. I have several pairs that have holes and patched repairs, but like good denim, keep looking better the more worn they are.

khaki.jpg

Showerfan

So where do you find them? I’m in Berlin but I would love a source for these. I’ve got Bill’s, Buzz Rickson’s, RRL, etc. the best khakis I’ve ever had are from Iron Heart, but they were exorbitantly expensive! Still, worth it.

i also paid way too much for a pair of OG-107 baker pants from Samurai Jeans. But they are probably my favorite trousers, and I’m sure the material is above and beyond anything the army would have made. But I’d really love a good source for original surplus HBT’s.

Any info appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:

Grant

Hey Shower,
I've found WWII khakis at military swap meets, estate sales, vintage flea markets and New York area vintage shops and also pop up on eBay now and then. WWII HBT trousers on the other hand, are much harder to find and more expensive.

fighterjock

I know high waisted pants aren't the hippest thing to wear, but nothing like a pair of original wartime button fly khaki trousers, or chinos, or whatever you call them. The high rise and wide cut legs make them super comfortable in warm weather.
They're still kinda easy to find and inexpensive here in the states, so I haven't compared them to high end repros. I have several pairs that have holes and patched repairs, but like good denim, keep looking better the more worn they are.

View attachment 39032
Hey Khaki Chino's are still in style, Are those original roughouts or repro's, soles diffinately look real. Here's my fakes, American Eagle Khaki Chino's and fake roughouts. Really tempted to buy some WW2 Marine repro herringbone type, but I don't think I'll buy the Monkey one's with the pocket on the butt.

Attachments

• roughouts and AE's.JPG
    roughouts and AE's.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:

Cocker

Who cares if it's hype or not? They do look really cool!! I love high waisted trousers, and I've been eyeing some WW2 Impressions summer cotton trousers lately, but they've been out of my size for a while.

stanier

Cool belt too Grant!

I think high waisted trousers look really cool, and when you're blessed with short legs like me, create an illusion of them being a bit longer, and I find them much more comfy.

Brettafett

Has anyone bought the ones from Bronson? Any thoughts...?

B-Man2

Has anyone bought the ones from Bronson? Any thoughts...?
I was looking at the Bronson’s but I think they may be too short as the longest length I could fine was a 32 inch inseam. Anyone find any with 34 for an I seam?

Showerfan

One thing I found odd about Bronson is their sizing details. Normally American sizing in the waist is actually larger than your jeans size. For example, I wear a size 36 jeans in Levi’s, Diesel, Samurai, etc. but my waist is actually almost 38 inches around. Bronson says it’s 36 is 35 inches around.

Also odd that they give total length in all of their pants, i.e. 46.5 inches, rather than the inseam length of 34 inches, which is the norm (and even seems to be printed in their waistbands, as per one of the illustrations).

stanier

Well, I suppose it's always possible to have them let out a bit if they're tight.

With that felled stitching and Bronson prices it'd probably cost more to have them tailored than buy another pair! And I suspect they shrink by some amount when you wash them. My advice, for what it's worth, is get the 34 waist and a cool belt like Grant's...

B-Man2

Well something else to think about is, if these are the measurements when new..... they will certainly shrink a bit when washed as most cotton products do.

Last edited:

Showerfan

Alright so where does that leave us for high-quality WWII-style khakis and HBT’s? In American sizes?

I have a pair of Buzz Ricksons’s that are quite good from HPA, and I may order some from the Real McCoy’s via Standard & Strange. But I’m not finding a really quality knock-off of the WWII fatigues I want.

Does ATF make truly quality stuff? Or is there any such similar repro maker? I’m not terribly bothered for exact authenticity, in that I’d prefer even higher quality materials and attention-to-detail a la EMC or GW.