• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 US Army impression

Marv

Are the Thompson and 1911 geunine de-acs or repros and how do the UK gun laws affect this and I thought they were pretty strict these days to the extent that you cannot even buy any airsoft weapons unless you were a member of a registered airsoft club/community.

Chandler

Marv said:
Are the Thompson and 1911 geunine de-acs or repros and how do the UK gun laws affect this and I thought they were pretty strict these days to the extent that you cannot even buy any airsoft weapons unless you were a member of a registered airsoft club/community.

I'll let Peter answer in more detail, but believe it or not -- they're Air Soft models of the vintage pieces. Pretty authentic looking.

Peter Graham

Marv said:
As Chandler says, they are indeed airsoft guns and I have a UKARA (United Kingdom Airsoft Retailers Association) license that allows me to buy them. It was my son that got me into it and I thought they would make great props for my collection and much cheaper and more fun than de-acts.
Here's my weapons and my son's in the second pic.

PC185592800x600_zps5c446c81.jpg

PC185591800x600_zpse191fd5d.jpg

Marv

Peter Graham said:
Marv said:
As Chandler says, they are indeed airsoft guns and I have a UKARA (United Kingdom Airsoft Retailers Association) license that allows me to buy them. It was my son that got me into it and I thought they would make great props for my collection and much cheaper and more fun than de-acts.
Here's my weapons and my son's in the second pic.

PC185592800x600_zps5c446c81.jpg

PC185591800x600_zpse191fd5d.jpg

Excellent, they look pretty realistic to me, are they plastic body with metal parts or all metal as I know a lot of the airsoft weapons went that way.

Chandler

The accuracy of the detail is just amazing.

Although, does your son's Kimber 1911 have Colt grips? :D

Peter Graham

deand said:
Kind of late to this thread, but that's a great outfit you've collected there!
Thanks Dean. It's taken a while but it's coming together nicely. Marv, the guns have all the metal parts of the real ones, in fact the M-4 has many parts that are interchangeable with the real weapon. Well spotted with the grips guys. I'm not well up on much post Vietnam stuff but my sons Colt is apparently based on an MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) recon unit weapon with factory fitted custom grips.

Peter Graham

Chandler said:
Peter -- are the grips on your son's 1911 actual Pachmayrs, or replicas -- as the pistol is?

Well, I assume they're replicas but they look exactly like your photo right down to the moulded wording on the thumb rests and they are a slightly soft rubber, really grippy.