• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 italian flight jacket

wop54

Andreart said:
when did italy have an air force in ww2 :roll:
What do you mean? The "regia aeronautica" was small, probably weak and certainly fighting for a wrong cause, nevertheless these men deserve our respect, I think.
4a44ecd3.jpg

Stony

The Italian air force in WWII had some aces, so the pilots were formidable at least. The Machi 202 and 205 models were also fairly formidable planes in the right hands.

CHECK6

wop54 said:
Andreart said:
What do you mean? The "regia aeronautica" was small, probably weak and certainly fighting for a wrong cause, nevertheless these men deserve our respect, I think.
4a44ecd3.jpg
The REGIA AERONAUTICA (CORPO AERO ITALIA) was based in Belgium from SEPT 27 1940 to support the Luftwaffe in the battle of Britain till APRIL 1941.The son of Benito Mussolini was a squadron leader based in Chievres.Due to the impossibility of flying IFR missions(pilots not instrument qualified) the CAI was sent back to Italy .The CAI bombed Dover,with FIAT BR20 from the 43rd bomb group,and the CANT Z 1007B from the 172nd RECCE SQUADRON.

Fab

CHECK6

CHECK6 said:
wop54 said:
Andreart said:
4a44ecd3.jpg
The REGIA AERONAUTICA (CORPO AERO ITALIA) was based in Belgium from SEPT 27 1940 to support the Luftwaffe in the battle of Britain till APRIL 1941.The son of Benito Mussolini was a squadron leader based in Chievres.Due to the impossibility of flying IFR missions(pilots not instrument qualified) the CAI was sent back to Italy .The CAI bombed Dover,with FIAT BR20 from the 43rd bomb group,and the CANT Z 1007B from the 172nd RECCE SQUADRON.

Fab
In the future our museum intend to erect a monument in to honor all the aviators (LUFTWAFFE,CAI,USAAF,RAF,BAF)who served in and from the CHIEVRES AIRBASE

Andreart

had no idea about the italian air force, i read books on ww2 history virtually weekly, read over 100, never was mentioned once. must have to read books dedicated to the subject. will check it out.