• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 italian flight jacket

dujardin

havocpaul said:
hey, thanks for the heads-up :) Placed a bid as I have always loved these...fingers crossed!

if you win this jacket (what i wish), simply come for a drink at Duxford on 1st july ;)

Vcruiser

dujardin said:
havocpaul said:
hey, thanks for the heads-up :) Placed a bid as I have always loved these...fingers crossed!

if you win this jacket (what i wish), simply come for a drink at Duxford on 1st july ;)

...and tip a tall strong one for me. That's my birthday..!!!

Peter Graham

Thanks for posting that Marcel. Very interesting. Nice jacket. The label does not look military. Were those jackets private purchase or is that what an Italian military label looks like ? Good luck with your bid Paul.

havocpaul

the only one I ever saw 'in the flesh' didn't have a military style label although it was some 30 years ago so memories fade. I have always had a strange facination with 'foreign' flight jackets and those Italian pilots had some style as seen in many wartime pics. If my health allows I do hope to get to Duxford this year, missed the last few years so here's hoping...

CHECK6

No special military tags on that type of equipment ,just the maker tag,very good quality jacket ,our exemple at the museum is almost new and we also have the trousers and boots,maybe Marcel got pics of it??? if ot i will send them to him

Fab

Andrew

I had these in my files for a while, might be useful....

11601.jpg

11600.jpg

11599.jpg

wop54

Authentic but probably a post war production by Giusti.
I have found this thread in a forum
http://www.blitzkriegmilitaria-forum.co ... 10852.html

"Buonasera a tutti,

scusate l'off topic, ma cosa mi sapete dire sulle giacche e i pantaloni della Giusti - Roma che si vedono spesso nei vari siti d'aste? Vista "l'abbondanza" di questi ultimi mi sembra legitima la cautela...

Grazie in anticipo e buona Pasqua!
Panzer

Ciao, Panzer!

Credo tu alluda al completo post-bellico, di sovente venduto come bellico, ma facilmente distinguibile dal secondo per alcuni particolari che, una volta presa confidenza con l'oggetto, non e' difficile identificare. In linea di massima la giacca si distingue dalle produzioni Regie dalla presenza di tre tasche, due inclinate sui fianchi ed una sul petto. Le zip sono delle RiRi dal disegno inconfondibile (ma se hai seguito il thread relativo alla 'due pezzi' estiva, hai notato ch'esse erano in uso anche durante il conflitto, con un altro design), e la fodera assicurata alla giacca da dei bottoni (modalita' riscontrata anche su giacche belliche, anche se quest'ultime hanno il piu' delle volte l'imbottitura fermata da un sistema complicato di lacci). I pantaloni non hanno i tasconi a toppa, ma anch'essi obliqui, fermati da una zip ed il solito sistema di fissaggio della fodera.
Non so' se ti ho chiarito molto, ma se hai l'occasione di maneggiare un po' di esemplari originali e post-bellici, non c'e' motivo di confusione. Scorrendo un po' di threads, in queste stanze, puoi farti un'idea di quanto detto.

Spero d'esserti stato d'aiuto."

Of course the thread is in Italian. Don't know if Google translator may help.....

dujardin

this the traduction of the italian text

sorry for the off topic, but what can you tell me about the jackets and pants of the Righteous - Rome, which are often seen in various auction sites? View "abundance" of the latter seems the caution legitima ...

Thanks in advance and Happy Easter!
Panzer

Hello, Panzer!

I think you allude to complete post-war, often sold as a war, but easily distinguishable from the second to a few things that, once they become familiar with the subject, not 'hard to identify. In principle, the jacket is distinguished by the presence of three productions by the Royal pockets, two sloped sides and a chest. The zips are the unmistakable design of RiRi (but if you followed the thread on the 'two pieces' summer, as they may have noticed they were in use during the conflict, with another design), and the cover secured to the jacket of buttons (mode 'also found on jackets war, although the latter have the most' of the time the stuffing stopped by a complicated system of laces). The pants do not have patch pockets, but also oblique, stopped by a zip and the usual method of attachment of the lining.
I do not know 'if I've made ​​very clear, but if you have the opportunity to handle a bit' of originals and post-conflict environments, there is no 'cause for confusion. Scrolling a bit 'of threads in these rooms, you can get an idea of ​​what was said.

Esserti hope I helped. "

----------------------

Check6, you are now able to see if the one you have the museum is an authentic or a post war ;)

wop54

Thanks Marcel!
Of course Righteous - Rome stands for Giusti -Roma :D
I may help if something is still unclear!
War production by Marus
3a1ef64f.jpg

Post war production by Giusti (color in a darker shade)
2eb75fe5.jpg

CHECK6

Our is "Marus" war production of course,offered to the museum(as the aircraft fabric part with the unit insigna) by the Italian government ambassador at the creation of the museum.

Fab

wop54

CHECK6 said:
No special military tags on that type of equipment ,just the maker tag,very good quality jacket ,our exemple at the museum is almost new and we also have the trousers and boots,maybe Marcel got pics of it??? if ot i will send them to him

Fab
I was intrigued by the tag in the pics from the ebay auction because it seemed to me more 50's than 30-40's. Actually I have found that Giusti actually made military equipment before and during the war, but with a different tag. How can you tell the below tag is from the fascist era? Firstly because there is the "Regno d'Italia" emblem right in the middle (the italian monarchy ended right after the war) and secondly we can see the "art deco littering" (see the U that is similar to a V) typical of the fascist era.
cuffia20giusti201.jpg