• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW II Willis And Geiger M-444 Leather Bomber Jacket

Chandler

Don't hold me to this, but I think the last incarnation of W&G made an M-444/M-445 sheepskin back in the '90s -- could this be a more recent item?

Chandler

Roughwear

It could be, but hard to tell from the photos, although the leather on the pocket looks spot on for wartime leather.

John Lever

They did do WW2 ones and recent repro's. This one looks quite worn.
I had one with a sort of snow/distressed finish ...

Peter Graham

The zipper looks to be a brass Talon. I think those later W & G repros used paperclip type zippers. The side buckle doesn't look right though. I really don't think that the condition of the jacket can be assessed by those rubbish photos but there appears to be four puncture marks on the right chest. I would say beware of this jacket.

MikeyB-17

I'd want a darn sight better pics than that before I bid on any USN sheepskin jacket. I'm suspicious too.

Falcon_52

Chandler said:
Don't hold me to this, but I think the last incarnation of W&G made an M-444/M-445 sheepskin back in the '90s -- could this be a more recent item?

Chandler

I'm pretty sure this isn't the 1990s repro. Mine has the maker's label behind the left pocket on the inside instead of the usual location between the shoulders. Also, the fleece on my repro is noticeably thicker than this one.

It's probably the real thing but it would be nice to have some better pictures to judge...

Noel