• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WPG Jeep cap...fast delivery...country of origin...

ties70

Hi,

last Friday evening I did place the order for a WPG jeep cap...I was looking for something cheap, maybe toy around with it a little, perhaps stencil it (as seen on some BR watch caps).

Anyway, the cap has arrived this morning.
Order was processed yesterday morning, shipped out in the afternoon by FedEx, arrival in Cologne yesterday evening...in Hamburg today. That is what I would call a fast delivery!!

What was a little surprising is, that the cap was not shipped from the States but came from the UAE of Sharjah. It is manufactured in Pakistan.

Don't get me wrong:
I do not have a problem with the fact that the cap is not US-made. The quality seems to be nice, the wool is fine and not itchy.
But does anyone else have a strange feeling about it? I mean, the cap is a reproduction of a US military item, produced in an islamic country with (at best) shady political structures. The shipping / warehouse facilities are in Sharjah, which is the most conservative of all UA emirates.

This is just a cap, with a style that is in fashion at the moment, so I do not see it as a uniform part...but what about the reenactors, running around in full reproduction gear (produced in islamic, american-phobic countries)....am I the only one who thinks this is kinda weird?

Ties

9thinfdiv

Just my personal opinion, but the tie to Pakistan is the reason why I don't buy much from him anymore. I do find it odd that he relocated his business to the UAE.

ties70

Andrew,

I wouldn't blame WPG for that.
In the end the price was the reason for me to order from them instead of ATF or WWII Imp....everyone is looking for a bargain, which might be one reason that especially the Chinese have the (American) economy by the balls.

Anyway, next time I'll check a little more and probably opt for one of the other companies...if that solves the dilemma. Does somebody know where the ATF and WWII Imp stuff is produced? Does BR stuff come from chinese manufacturers?

Ties

flyboy

There is one good thing about this whole thing though.
You got your Jeep Cap fast - and without any problems.
If it had to be sent from US it would have taken weeks and you should've payed customs and taxes and god knows what.
;)

grommet

Compared to the WGP jeep cap, the ATF one looks more like the real ones I have seen in photos. Specifically,the flap looks higher in the up position. On the other hand, the wool on the WPG cap looks a bit more authentic in terms of a finer weave. It also comes in sizes, which may or may not be an advantage. Ties, how is the fit?