• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wore my BR perry to work today ....

Cobblers161

Luckily my clients have got used to me, there were a few odd looks when I unleashed a B-10 on them but I think they kind of expect it now. It goes with the hair and the turn ups.

For some unfathomable reason leather jackets with knitted cuffs and waistbands, a la A-2 but definately not A-2 type jackets, are fashionable amongst the youth in the UK (Down South at least) so Ive had a couple of 'nice jacket' remarks, I swear I can hear them mutter 'Grandad' at the end though.

Chandler

greyhound52 said:
Of course I carry a knife

:eek: Delinquent! ;) Me too, have for many years because I always had to open boxes. Got a few looks on that, almost like I was carrying a 1911!

Chandler

greyhound52

jacketimp said:
greyhound52 said:
I wear my flight jackets all the time to work and never get a comment. Of course I carry a knife which my be why no comments. :twisted: Just forget about it and wear it.

the jkt or the knife ? :)

Both. Got the knife to protect the jacket :lol:

jacketimp

my mates take the mick and this is their reaction (with an arched eyebrow).......

ooooooh your butt looks good in it, you preeny peakok..............

no, really..........

Vcruiser

That's the weirdest thing I"ve ever heard in my life !!
Do you work in a karaoke bar in the Keys :?: :)

donsom

Have got "nuthin' but luv" (to coin a phrase). Lots of comments on it when I wear it into work and around. The massive shearling collar must be it. Friends at work all want one .. until they hear the price... :)

I've had a quite a few seniors ask about it while getting coffee and donuts as well.

The stranger one is that a senior woman at a retirement home (where my mother resides) stopped me and asked me about my next mission, and what airfield/squadron I was with. In the nursing home area (seperate part of the retirement village), many of the residents are well over 80 and revert to living their past as their minds begin to fade.

This one particular resident had alzheimers (many times they vividly remember the past, but can't remember what they had for lunch, so they revert to living in what they remember) .... I "played along", it brought a smile to her face as she reminisced.

better duck

I wear my unadorned ELC A2s mostly and lately my ELC M422A.
No comments whatsoever, which is a pity of sorts.

zoomer

No comments at all - good, bad, or nuthin' - about my jackets here amongst grad students at a large midwest university. That goes for A-2s, Indy, even the M-444 sheepskin in the avatar. (Of course I don't wear goggles or an earcupped helmet to class!)

Interestingly enough, it's not a particularly leather intensive crowd. People just don't judge others' appearances much. (Unless you're obviously putting on airs. Then - ghod help you. :( )

Hawkeye

I got a fairly positive comment on my wpg irvin when I still had it last year, guy said it was a sweet jacket because it had a belt, and that he didnt even have a belt for his pants. :lol:

Peter Graham

This thread has a hint of deja vu about it. I've had loads of comments about my jackets, mostly from gay workmates which is slightly worrying but the best one was from the guy who works in the local retro clothing store. I was browsing the racks wearing my AN-J-3A. He glanced up and said " If it's 70's retro you're looking for, it's upstairs". Oh well ! While I'm on the subject, I don't mind throwing on any vintage jacket but I get quite embarrassed in a shearling. Do I have a problem ?

CBI

Yes, this subject has been a subject of posts past. No comments unless jackets with patches/paint. Comments range from good to bad when wearing with stuff on it

Cliff

While I'm on the subject, I don't mind throwing on any vintage jacket but I get quite embarrassed in a shearling. Do I have a problem ?

Yes now thats strange...... I have worn an Irvin into work on very cold mornings when using my 1971 landrover with minimul heating and felt a little self concious upon arrival in the warm office. Drew a few comments but only "you must be warm in that " or similar. Shearlings are little more noticeable I guess than an A2 or similar.

Curahee

Cliff said:
While I'm on the subject, I don't mind throwing on any vintage jacket but I get quite embarrassed in a shearling. Do I have a problem ?

Yes now thats strange...... I have worn an Irvin into work on very cold mornings when using my 1971 landrover with minimul heating and felt a little self concious upon arrival in the warm office. Drew a few comments but only "you must be warm in that " or similar. Shearlings are little more noticeable I guess than an A2 or similar.

I know what you guys mean, I bought my first one last year (ELC ANJ-4) and the collar feels huge and I did get
a few strange looks (not sure if it was admiration or what :? ) Still feel a little uncomfortable wearing it, partly
because it's not worn in yet. Maybe I will give it the "John Lever treatment" to it, if only I had the balls to do it.
The A-2's and the B-10 get no looks or remarks whatsoever.