• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Willis and Geiger m444

Spitfireace

That I can understand, my wife and I have a really good friend with a decent sized spread out in Manitoba, she's told us about bears, as for the skin, thankfully vintage bearskin is just that, vintage, but the British army still insist on using real black bear for the Busby helmets, mm
That's right the palace guards use bear fur.

JonnyCrow

That's right the palace guards use bear fur.
And you can sell vintage bearskin as it's not considered endangered, I've sold a couple of old bearskin hats in the past, however I have a hat that will sit in the cupboard for evermore, bought a box of vintage clothes in and at the bottom was a ladies, 1920's, 30's leopard skin hat, more than the trouble is worth to try selling it now mm

Spitfireace

I took that photo in the parking lot where I work on July 25th. It's just a cub probably cut loose by it's mom to fend on it's own so it's small and skinny. When you run into mom (and I have), protecting her cubs, it's bit intimidating. You don't know what she might do.

JonnyCrow

I took that photo in the parking lot where I work on July 25th. It's just a cub probably cut loose by it's mom to fend on it's own so it's small and skinny. When you run into mom (and I have), protecting her cubs, it's bit intimidating. You don't know what she might do.
Don't they raid the trash also?

Spitfireace

Ya, I'm fine with hunting for food, but not for trophies. If you eat it, and the byproduct is fur or leather fine. Eating Leopards was never a thing. At least for westerners.

JonnyCrow

Jackie O had a long fur coat made from the skin of about 5 leopards, cringe
Ya, I'm fine with hunting for food, but not for trophies. If you eat it, and the byproduct is fur or leather fine. Eating Leopards was never a thing. At least for westerners.
Jackie O had a coat made with the skin of 5 leopards, cringe