• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Willis and Geiger m444

JonnyCrow

Here's a grab for someone, jacket looks almost mint except for a couple of scuffs although that description of 60's, 70's is that really correct?

JonnyCrow

Here's a grab for someone, jacket looks almost mint except for a couple of scuffs although that description of 60's, 70's is that really correct?

One of the reproduction?

Chandler

W&G made an M-445 in the 80s and 90s when they were trying to be a high-end men's outfitter. Later to be sold to Land's End.

I have some of their catalogs buried somewhere, all intentions to share when I unearth them, but here's a sampling of their wares.

JonnyCrow

W&G made an M-445 in the 80s and 90s when they were trying to be a high-end men's outfitter. Later to be sold to Land's End.

Cheers Chandler, something else I didn't know

Chandler

Some more info:

ausreenactor

Does anyone use Etsy regularly? Have always dodged it...

Spitfireace

PontiacDryGoods is in Edmonton Alberta, which is one province east of me in Canada from BC. So the shipping rate would be good and also no duty to pay. They seem to have some interesting jackets at times. One I was looking at is an original Star Sportswear that has been on there for quite a while now. It looks like a good condition jacket, but the patches look to be not original. So I think they are asking a thousand dollars or so too much for it. Some of their civilian shearling lined type jackets are reasonable prices though.

JonnyCrow

PontiacDryGoods is in Edmonton Alberta, which is one province east of me in Canada from BC. So the shipping rate would be good and also no duty to pay. They seem to have some interesting jackets at times. One I was looking at is an original Star Sportswear that has been on there for quite a while now. It looks like a good condition jacket, but the patches look to be not original. So I think they are asking a thousand dollars or so too much for it. Some of their civilian shearling lined type jackets are reasonable prices though.

I agree about their interesting jackets, I saw they had a French double breasted coat with the bearskin collar, seen a couple of them here in Europe, but the bearskin tends to be hit and miss, decent or terrible, I saw the Star also, way too overpriced in my opinion

Spitfireace

I have no experience with bearskin collars. Although a little with live bears up where I work at Burnaby Mountain in the Vancouver area. We have encounters with them, but obviously we don't shoot them because it is an urban area. I guess if they got too aggressive the game warden would be called in to tranquilize them and send them off somewhere. We like to co-exist with them as much as possible. Making collars out of them is generally frowned upon at this point. ;)

JonnyCrow

I have no experience with bearskin collars. Although a little with live bears up where I work at Burnaby Mountain in the Vancouver area. We have encounters with them, but obviously we don't shoot them because it is an urban area. I guess if they got too aggressive the game warden would be called in to tranquilize them and send them off somewhere. We like to co-exist with them as much as possible. Making collars out of them is generally frowned upon at this point. ;)
That I can understand, my wife and I have a really good friend with a decent sized spread out in Manitoba, she's told us about bears, as for the skin, thankfully vintage bearskin is just that, vintage, but the British army still insist on using real black bear for the Busby helmets, mm