• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why nobody likes...

A

Anonymous

Poughkeepsie?

I never saw any PK jackets fetch any big amounts.
Wonder why. It's a nice pattern with very nice details.

Any ideas?

Persimmon

PLATON said:
Poughkeepsie?

I never saw any PK jackets fetch any big amounts.
Wonder why. It's a nice pattern with very nice details.

Any ideas?

Did Andrew pay big money for his ?
Or did he grab a bargain ??

johnwayne

Think this may be just coincidental? I've never really looked at that maker in any different light than others - to me it's if the jacket looks good/nice or not and particularly if buying, if it's my size! Yes I like Dubow's and Donigers because they have nice pointed collars and in reverse I like Perry for the rounded collars or Aero's with berry knits!! Maybe that's it - it doesn't have any real distinguishing feature to make it stand out from the rest? Must review my ELC Jacket manual to scrutinise the PK's closer!!!
cheers
Wayne

blackrat2

I think it is an unassuming jacket...nothing really stands out when you compare it with Donni's and Perrys...think the Acme site says that you can spot them but no real distinguishing features

TankBuster

Tim P said:
I love Poughkeepsie A-2's.the most wearable maker in my opinion

Agreed. The hide is a little thinner making it more forgiving and comfortable to wear. Finding one in really nice shape is tough. I don't think alot of really clean larger size Poughkeepsies hit the market. I can say I was offered well over 2K for my clean original size 44.

Andrew

It might just be my perception, but I always associate them with weak leather or rot.

leper-colony

The only original A-2 I have ever owned was a PK.

It was a great example and sold it when time got tight years ago.

A

Anonymous

I love Poughkeepsie A-2's.the most wearable maker in my opinion

Agree, no big collars, no silly pointed collar tips, no fuller sleeves, no slim body,
no distinguishing features.
Just classic A-2. Closest to what the military intended, I believe.

Tim P

The goodwear poughkeepsie looks a peach and is doubtless worth every penny. My budget does not allow the purchase if such just now. :(

A

Anonymous

That's going to please the Dubow/Doniger fans...

Like the "clown" collar of RW?
I am kidding, exaggerating with the use of the word "silly" to emphasize on the advantages of the PK.

Dr H

PLATON said:
That's going to please the Dubow/Doniger fans...

Like the "clown" collar of RW?
I am kidding, exaggerating with the use of the word "silly" to emphasize on the advantages of the PK.

Hmmm... I understand what you're saying but one man's 'no distinguishing features' is another man's 'bland'...
Not my cup of tea, but then I like my pointy collar tips or small collars.

TankBuster

There are pros and cons for every contract out there. Everyone has their personal opionions and thus a "Best Maker" or "Best Pattern" is all subjective and will never be agreed upon. I own a beautiful original Doniger, but I admit to not loving the overly pointy collar. I do love the jacket as a whole because of the condition and the way it fits me. Personally, if a jacket fits me great, I can learn to live with some things that I may not like.

blackrat2

I always think its Spiewak that you find rot on
Poughkeepsie is a lovely wearable jacket...I agree it is a very personal thing when it comes to A2's...what colour leather,knits or hard wear,let alone adding jacket shape into the mix

blackrat2

I always think its Spiewak that you find rot on
Poughkeepsie is a lovely wearable jacket...I agree it is a very personal thing when it comes to A2's...what colour leather,knits or hard wear,let alone adding jacket shape into the mix