• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Makes the Best M-422A?

PaulGT3

Yes if he doesnt want the wait then getting a real G-1 or buying to Custom from Kelso would be the best bet.
The others have longer lead times right?

airfrogusmc

M422 I would say Goodwear or Kelso...

Kelso W&G m422

When it was new
IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Now after a year of wear
IMG_2080_zps4a96fef8.jpg

IMG_2098_2_zpsbb231307.jpg

chamboid

Here are some pictures of my two originals and the BK M-422a all of the same contract. from left to right G&F 36, 'BK' G&F 38 (custom), G&F 38

P1070152_zps4f4486b5.jpg

The BK has lighter tones showing through the dark seal which will show trough more and more.

P1070155_zps80960a92.jpg

Note the similarity in grain of goat skin in the top two jackets, the BK and original 38

P1070159_zps58c2c53c.jpg

And below label comparison.

P1070154_zps49678f47.jpg

The original 36 in pretty much unworn, but has had the fur on the collar cut of leaving the suede underneath. And original 38 is names to a Royald Navy Volunteer Reserve crewman a

A

Anonymous

Looking a little like...

theoctagon.norris-1024x576.png

isn't he quite popular these days? The whole cinema cheered when he made his appearance in Expendables 2

chamboid

No that was me in Expendables 2, (but were're meant to keep it hush), clever things with photography so I don;t look 5ft6 and skinny as a broom

A

Anonymous

yeah good fit,
but you should move backwards a little
away from the camera because I think the picture is a bit distorted.
If you take a photo maybe 20 ft away from the lens we will see better

chamboid

Ironically I work in a burger bar in london, I eat a lot of burgers, too many, but due to the fact i'm running around all day serving the damn things I don't enjoy them or put on weight, a sort of catch 22.

I lift weights when I can, but work so many damn hours I couldn;t call it a regeim, so the protein i'm taking in adds nothing to me.

But it means i pick up some bargains from time to time.

If you are a size 42 or smaller, finding an original in good shape is fairly easy. I know you said you like the russet color, so custom maybe the only way to go.