• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who as ORDERED an "original contract" Bill Kelso A2 ?

Jeff M

OK, my currently running thread asking who has received one of the new Bill Kelso A2's doesn't seem to be getting many affirmative replies, so, I'll try approaching this from another angle.

Who has ordered one of the new BK A2's, how long ago did you order it, what are you expecting, and when are you expecting delivery?

(I know it's difficult, but please try to control any urges you have to post about mouton, M422's, the older model BK A2's, etc. :lol: )

bseal

I like mouton.

On a side note, I like you, anxiously await what seems to be a long overdue review on what looks to be a very nice product. The dearth of responses is disheartening. I was thinking of putting a parody in the Review section; Bill Kelso A-2: if one owned this jacket, they would have been in awe of the grain pattern, the robust scent of the leather, the attention to detail, etc.

airfrogusmc

Jeff M said:
OK, my currently running thread asking who has received one of the new Bill Kelso A2's doesn't seem to be getting many affirmative replies, so, I'll try approaching this from another angle.

Who has ordered one of the new BK A2's, how long ago did you order it, what are you expecting, and when are you expecting delivery?

(I know it's difficult, but please try to control any urges you have to post about mouton, M422's, the older model BK A2's, etc. :lol: )

How about anybody order a BK A-2 with a custom mouton collar :twisted: :lol:

ButteMT61

airfrogusmc said:
Jeff M said:

Aero beat 'em to it :lol:

44fe497d6cc6c3_va1077-500.jpg

PS - sorry Jeff ;)

airfrogusmc

ButteMT61 said:
airfrogusmc said:
Jeff M said:

Aero beat 'em to it :lol:

44fe497d6cc6c3_va1077-500.jpg

PS - sorry Jeff ;)

WOW. Thats the reason I search out vintage mouton.... :lol: :lol:

Oh thats right we weren't supposed to talk about MOUTON :twisted:

Jeff M

airfrogusmc said:
Yes.
I was hoping to have at least one "clean" thread dealing specifically with Bill Kelso "original maker" A2's that people could refer to to find out information/reviews without having to wade through discussions/references to BK's M422.
Guess that isn't going to happen.

airfrogusmc

Jeff M said:
airfrogusmc said:
Yes.
I was hoping to have at least one "clean" thread dealing specifically with Bill Kelso "original maker" A2's that people could refer to to find out information/reviews without having to wade through discussions/references to BK's M422.
Guess that isn't going to happen.

I think that only his newer Navy jackets have wound up in the hands of VLJ folks. I think maybe some of his new A-2s have been ordered but I would guess it will be another month or so before they start showing up in the hands of members. If they are anything like my Navy jacket, which I can't see why they wouldn't be, folks are in for a treat....

ButteMT61

Yeah, seems there's just not a lot of them around yet. Based on the one pic, it looks very promising! Can't wait to see more of 'em.

Jeff M

airfrogusmc said:
.. I think maybe some of his new A-2s have been ordered but I would guess it will be another month or so before they start showing up in the hands of members....

That's specifically why I asked who has a BK on ORDER.
For all the posts/threads/"updates" oohs and ahhs about the new BK A2's since the beginning of the year, so far, I can count on one hand the number of people who have actually received one here with fingers left over, and, nobody else seems to have ordered one based on the current replies to this thread.
When I checked 2 1/2 months ago with BK, I was quoted a delivery time of 1 month..with 2 weeks of that just waiting for the new leather to arrive. Removing that initial 2 week wait for materials, that that would project out to a 2 week wait if you were to order a new BK today.
So...where are they?
Either people have been ordering them...and there have been delays, or, very few have yet to be ordered.

I really am enticed by some of the photos I have seen so far and hoping this is the real deal. I would just like to see more "confirmation" than just the one or two jackets in the hands of a buyer we have seen up to now.

colekwok

Jeff M said:
airfrogusmc said:
.. I think maybe some of his new A-2s have been ordered but I would guess it will be another month or so before they start showing up in the hands of members....

For all the posts/threads/"updates" oohs and ahhs about the new BK A2's since the beginning of the year, so far, I can count on one hand the number of people who have actually received one here with fingers left over, and, nobody else seems to have ordered one based on the current replies to this thread.
When I checked 2 1/2 months ago with BK, I was quoted a delivery time of 1 month..with 2 weeks of that just waiting for the new leather to arrive. Removing that initial 2 week wait for materials, that that would project out to a 2 week wait if you were to order a new BK today.
So...where are they?
Either people have been ordering them...and there have been delays, or, very few have yet to be ordered.

I really am enticed by some of the photos I have seen so far and hoping this is the real deal. I would just like to see more "confirmation" than just the one or two jackets in the hands of a buyer we have seen up to now.

Well, that is the sort of information I am also looking for. From all the photos that I have seen, mostly from Platon, the jackets looks pretty stunning. The only down side for that is, BK apparently do not have NOS Talons, so if you want that on your jacket, you need to source it yourself.

Persimmon

colekwok said:
Jeff M said:
airfrogusmc said:

So...where are they?

Well, that is the sort of information I am also looking for. From all the photos that I have seen, mostly from Platon, the jackets looks pretty stunning. The only down side for that is, BK apparently do not have NOS Talons, so if you want that on your jacket, you need to source it yourself.

I have emailed over an order a month ago for a A2 Aero but its on hold as they cannot source the Red Knits that I want.
Hopefully soon
If your reading this Platon/ Andy any news yet ??

airfrogusmc

colekwok said:
Jeff M said:
airfrogusmc said:

So...where are they?

You can get an NOS Talon or Crown from MASH. BK gave me a credit for doing just that.

colekwok

airfrogusmc said:
You can get an NOS Talon or Crown from MASH. BK gave me a credit for doing just that.

Yes, I am in the process of doing that, but it ain't cheap at all.....

bseal

Since Bill Kelso is kind enough to offer credit as an offset (the labor of procuring a NOS zipper from MASH), wouldn't that vitiate colekwok's concern?

Marv

I thought a I read somewhere in a earlier thread that BK's M422s come with NOS Talon zippers, is this not the case now.

airfrogusmc

Marv said:
I thought a I read somewhere in a earlier thread that BK's M422s come with NOS Talon zippers, is this not the case now.

My jacket needed a zipper that was a couple inches longer than the ones that BK had. The ones that BK has are fine for most sizes. Mash has them in really long sizes.