• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which jacket gets the most compliments ?

John Lever

My Buzz Rickson B-2 gets far more positive compliments than any jacket I have ever owned.
Do you own a jacket that gets more attention than others in your collection ?

better duck

Recently my "knee-ding a lift" Home James A2 ELC Star got quite a few positive comments, but that was solely because of the art work.
People tend to like my B3 too.

Falcon_52

I'm with John on this one. My B-2 jackets definitely get the most comments probably because they are not that well known. The cashier at my local grocery store said that my Buzz B-2 looked "very European." I wanted to tell her what the jacket really was but I felt it would be a wasted effort so I left it at "thanks." :)

Noel

Andrew

My Wife often gives me comments about my "stinky leather jacket" whenever I wear my GW Dubow. :cry:

Tommer45

Hands down my straight-zip Langlitz Cascade (the one I dyed dark brown) gets all the attention.. however I have yet to wear my new Aero LHB out in public.

bfrench

Administrator
My less than a week old GW Dubow 20960 gets lots of remarks.

Mostly because of the creaking but good comments on the "old fashioned leather aroma" as one lady said.

GW's new leather is fantastic but will take a week or so of daily wear to get it loosened up to stop the creaking.

Seriously - I'll have a report and pics in the REVIEW section by Monday.

Cheers,
Bill French

Atticus

My Goodwear A-1 gets quite a few compliments. Most folks are impressed when I explain that it is a repro of a depression-era flight jacket. The Great Depression generates much nostalgia here in New Bern. I think it may be because most people who live here were young adults in 1929. The average age in New Bern is about one hundred and twelve.

The other jacket that garners many compliments is my Alpha B-15C. Most folks love the rich blue color. I think that it is very easy for them to see through their cataracts.

AF

fishmeok

Atticus said:
My Goodwear A-1 gets quite a few compliments. Most folks are impressed when I explain that it is a repro of a depression-era flight jacket. The Great Depression generates much nostalgia here in New Bern. I think it may be because most people who live here were young adults in 1929. The average age in New Bern is about one hundred and twelve.

The other jacket that garners many compliments is my Alpha B-15C. Most folks love the rich blue color. I think that it is very easy for them to see through their cataracts.

AF

HA! :D Unfortunatley, MY generation will be nostalgic for oversize avirex jackets and big shoulderpads...
Cheers
mark

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Atticus said:
The other jacket that garners many compliments is my Alpha B-15C. Most folks love the rich blue color.

Oh that's true, I'd forgotten (it's Spring). I keep thinking that I should replace it with a Buzz, but if it ain't broken ....

Swing

Just about the only reproduction of a vintage jacket that I wear anymore is my Buzz zip deck jacket. And it doesn't really get any compliments. Hell, I don't think any thing I wear gets compliments. My rolled up cuffs are laughed at, and when I had on my deck jacket and knit cap recently I was told I look like a long shoreman. Don't know if that was meant to be positive or negative! Sometimes I think it would be nice to live in a more metro area, where having personal style is more respected than wearing what's currently hip (or in my area's case, what was hip a couple years ago).

~Swing

John Lever

Swing said:
Just about the only reproduction of a vintage jacket that I wear anymore is my Buzz zip deck jacket. And it doesn't really get any compliments. Hell, I don't think any thing I wear gets compliments. My rolled up cuffs are laughed at, and when I had on my deck jacket and knit cap recently I was told I look like a long shoreman. Don't know if that was meant to be positive or negative! Sometimes I think it would be nice to live in a more metro area, where having personal style is more respected than wearing what's currently hip (or in my area's case, what was hip a couple years ago).

~Swing
Yeah, but we appreciate you.