• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

s4rmark

The A-11 is a cheap Quartz from a guy on eBay. It’s larger than standard size at 35 mm but the secondhand sweeps not ticks . It also has a domed acrylic crystal. The cost is £40 . I have spoken to him about making a more accurate version. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dread.nought?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l2559
IMG_1274.jpeg

Last edited:

s4rmark

Yes you’re right, they are. If he does make a more accurate version with a seiko mecha quartz or manual movement I would definitely buy another. I also have the Korean War A-17 watch with a mecha quartz movement and for the money it’s very good. He says that he sells a lot to reenactors. I had a bit of back and forth banter with him about my original Bulova A-11 because he didn’t believe that some were produced with a solid silver case.

Spitfireace

If you can get the silver case yes you are lucky. Mine the two of them are nickel plated brass. Still trying to keep them running. That's the problem with original A-11's can take a lot to get running properly.

johnwayne

How many of us have gone out, shopping, dog walking or anywhere really (airshows not included!) and seen someone else wearing an A2 or other decent flight jacket? Yes the odd ‘furry bomber’ and plenty of faux MA1’s but rarely do I ever see another nice repro! Must admit when wearing any of mine, particularly an A2/1 I often get complimented in certain shops like Ralph Lauren etc!!!

Pa12

How many of us have gone out, shopping, dog walking or anywhere really (airshows not included!) and seen someone else wearing an A2 or other decent flight jacket? Yes the odd ‘furry bomber’ and plenty of faux MA1’s but rarely do I ever see another nice repro! Must admit when wearing any of mine, particularly an A2/1 I often get complimented in certain shops like Ralph Lauren etc!!!
I’ve mentioned before, I’ve been wearing an a-2 since 1985 and have never once seen another person wearing one, or any other ww2 jacket. Including frequenting air shows.

Griffon_301

I have made the same observations.
and here in Austria, it's even more difficult to spot people wearing such jackets.
there are two other collectors that I know of and we sometimes meet at Fardins place but that's about it.

most of the times I see people wearing modern Alpha jackets or the mall faux shearling jackets that are quite en Vogue these days, but true repros? - no!

when I get compliments, it's usually in stores like RL, or recently at Louis Vuitton, when my spouse got her another bag and another customer asked me where O got that nice leather jacket from (I was wearing the ELC M-422a then) but normally when I answer and tell them where the jacket comes from, there is total disbelief that there are companies who make high price repros of old military gear...