• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

busdrivermike

Today as I’m out and about I’m in my schott 184, I just watched the thing with Kurt Russell
Apparently Wearing schott 674 sm with pile lining made from 71 to 87
So I had to wear my more modern version in case of alien encounter , I carry a coffee
As apposed to a 12 gauge as I’m fairly certain I won’t encounter an alien
IMG_4680.jpeg
IMG_4681.jpeg
IMG_4682.jpeg

Last edited:

Dumpster D

Today as I’m out and about I’m in my schott 184, I just watched the thing with Kurt Russell
So I had to wear my more modern version in case of alien encounter , I carry a coffee

How would you know for sure though...if you've encountered an alien or not?

Best quotes from that film are from Blair.

"IT WANTED TO BE USSSSS!!!!!"

and my personal favorite

"I'm alright now, I wanna come back inside...I'm telling you I'm alright" (**Meanwhile digging an underground tunnel with an improvised alien escape pod made from recycled Helicopter and snow track machine parts.**)

Or Windows when the spider crawls by? I mean classic!!!

And of course the "I know you gentlemen have been through a lot together, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS --- COUCH!!"

Has anyone here seen the youtube PINGU version of 'THE THING'?... AKA 'THINGU' ?!?!? : ) : ) : )

Great Jacket by the way, I can't find the picture right now, but I'll post it...I Used to have one of those jackets, and really miss it.

Last edited:

Dumpster D

Here you go. I think this was a Schott Jacket. The photo? Probably from about 2010. I polished a lot of combat boots in the Surplus store and the dude working there just gave it to me in trade as it had been kicking around for ages on the racks. It was XL and completely Trashed/grimey and it was never going to sell at any price. I was the only one grubby enough to ever wear/fix up on the thing. Hard to see in the photo tho, gets dark here by about 4:30 in the middle of winter.

Honestly it was so distressed and filthy inside? I think a big rig trucker dude must have worn it.

*Update* I remember now, having to restitch an entire slasck pocket back together, and the leather was torn. There were a couple cigarette butts inside the liner.

Like I said, I really wish I still had this one.

Don't forget!! That this Jacket was also featured in 'Dawn of the dead' too!!

(Three points to the first guy who posts a picture of it from that film.)

80's horror classic icon Jacket extravaganza eh?

user7589_pic1787_1371082527.jpg

Last edited:

busdrivermike

Here you go. I think this was a Schott Jacket. The photo? Probably from about 2010. I polished a lot of combat boots in the Surplus store and the dude working there just gave it to me in trade as it had been kicking around for ages on the racks. It was XL and completely Trashed/grimey and it was never going to sell at any price. I was the only one grubby enough to ever wear/fix up on the thing. Hard to see in the photo tho, gets dark here by about 4:30 in the middle of winter.

Honestly it was so distressed and filthy inside? I think a big rig trucker dude must have worn it.

Like I said, I really wish I still had this one.

Don't forget!! That this Jacket was also featured in 'Dawn of the dead' too!!

(Three points to the first guy who posts a picture of it from that film.)

80's horror classic icon Jacket extravaganza eh?

View attachment 132817
I think I’ve seen both films well over a dozen times since they came out
Especially the Thing , the jacket does seem to have been a Hollywood go to
As I’ve seen it in various movies from the 70s and 80s
IMG_4569.jpeg

pierregloom

Since Christmas I've been the proud owner of a Bronson MFG B10, and what a pleasure it is! It keeps me so warm!
My AVI M422-A was starting to feel a bit (very) light in this mild but still cool December.
I can't wait to take some photos and review my impressions. Even if many of you are already familiar with this model, I find it interesting when I read the opinions of newcomers to the hobby.

John Luder

Since Christmas I've been the proud owner of a Bronson MFG B10, and what a pleasure it is! It keeps me so warm!
My AVI M422-A was starting to feel a bit (very) light in this mild but still cool December.
I can't wait to take some photos and review my impressions. Even if many of you are already familiar with this model, I find it interesting when I read the opinions of newcomers to the hobby.
I love my Bronson B-10, but it's only a 40 and I can't wear sleeves under it. I'm waiting for them to get ginned up and make some 44s.

John Luder

View attachment 132811View attachment 132813View attachment 132815
I gotta say that Kurt Russell has some hair-growing capabilities. I wanna come back as him in the next life. But I'm nearly there, with one eye and a patch. "Call me SNAKE!"

John Luder

So because I only had a chance to bring a BK Rough Wear A2 with me , I’ve been freezing my ass off out in Montana with temperatures in the 17F to 28F ranges, although today’s a heat wave at 36F.
So I had my wife send me my old commercial flight jacket that I wore many years ago, while actually doing what the jacket was intended for. I’ve posted this one before and I think that if WWII pilots had access to these jackets, there never would have been an A2 or a B-10. It’s a goatskin, shearling lined, with a real (Yes lads a REAL) mouton collar . It’s a LL Bean Shearling flight jacket.
Problem Solved !!
View attachment 132565View attachment 132569View attachment 132567
Blimey O'Freakin Reilly. That's real lamb's wool and stuff. Hell's bells. Nunna that polyester/wool perversion. Uh, sorry, I mean blend.

Mr. Mike

I plan to. :) I was thinking, with @Mr. Mike's permission, I might add a post onto his excellent review with my thoughts on the GW vs. Eastman comparison.
Sorry for responding that delayed - somehow the year's change came across o_O
Of course! Amending the existing thread would put it all into one basket and turn out to the one-stop-shop for those who have not yet set sail on one or the other option.