• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Greg Gale

Would you believe it’s the same jacket? The color in real life is like the darker one. Light and cameras do weird things to it.

184D0669-7A55-41BB-9642-3A79EF9FAE2C.jpeg
5FA33B60-D778-449C-A69C-CA524F139FAF.jpeg

Thomas Koehle

Finally my workmate from USA arrived and brought along Burt's @B-Man2 MARTIN LANE ...

Absolutely nice condition - exactly like Burt described. It's a size 46 and i really like the fit - was nice to wear her yesterday ...

Wvlsb8L.jpg

Along with the MARTIN LANE i received a BRILL BROTHERS - also size 46 but feels more like a 44

check the sleeve-lenght on the photos - the BRILL is clearly smaller

oPMDB7v.jpg

1 day - 2 additions to the collection - life is just awesome ... :)

YoungMedic

Finally my workmate from USA arrived and brought along Burt's @B-Man2 MARTIN LANE ...

Absolutely nice condition - exactly like Burt described. It's a size 46 and i really like the fit - was nice to wear her yesterday ...

Wvlsb8L.jpg

Along with the MARTIN LANE i received a BRILL BROTHERS - also size 46 but feels more like a 44

oPMDB7v.jpg

Bravo!

Spitfireace

Just got a new Bronson N-1 a couple of days ago and I can wear it all day today and break it in since I'm off work on Saturdays. Quite happy with how authentic this jacket is. Bedford Cord construction etc. I've compared it to my original, and it comes pretty close. Small details like buttons and zipper of course are not exact, but as close as you can get without using NOS (does BR use old stock buttons?). Lined with 80 per cent wool 20 per cent polyester, I don't have a problem with that. BR alpaca tends to be itchy to me. I have an older BR B-15 and the alpaca is like brillo, can't wear it without a thick shirt (in my original the alpaca is soft). The only thing that I think could be mentioned as a difference is the pocket length is about three quarters of inch shorter than an original, and the lip seam is not as wide. Not sure if there is some variation from contract to contract. Make no mistake though, this is a well made heavy duty jacket that should last a lifetime. If the fake Talon zipper breaks I happen to have a NOS M-43 Talon from MASH Japan that I think this jacket would be worthy of.
BronsonN-1.jpg

Spitfireace

Wvlsb8L.jpg

oPMDB7v.jpg

Brill does look smaller.

Spitfireace

Just got a new Bronson N-1 a couple of days ago and I can wear it all day today and break it in since I'm off work on Saturdays. Quite happy with how authentic this jacket is. Bedford Cord construction etc. I've compared it to my original, and it comes pretty close. Small details like buttons and zipper of course are not exact, but as close as you can get without using NOS (does BR use old stock buttons?). Lined with 80 per cent wool 20 per cent polyester, I don't have a problem with that. BR alpaca tends to be itchy to me. I have an older BR B-15 and the alpaca is like brillo, can't wear it without a thick shirt (in my original the alpaca is soft). The only thing that I think could be mentioned as a difference is the pocket length is about three quarters of inch shorter than an original, and the lip seam is not as wide. Not sure if there is some variation from contract to contract. Make no mistake though, this is a well made heavy duty jacket that should last a lifetime. If the fake Talon zipper breaks I happen to have a NOS M-43 Talon from MASH Japan that I think this jacket would be worthy of. View attachment 107273
20230423_092159.jpg
20230423_092240 1.jpg