• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

Dmitry
I took a toothpick and some glue made for gluing fabric together . I then placed tiny droplets of glue on the tip of the toothpick and placed the glue under the torn lining in very small amounts and sealed the lining back into place around the collar .
Burt

Thanks. Did you only glued the edges of the "wound" or also put the piece of fabric inside?

Micawber

The Michelin Man dropped in this morning to pick my brains about how to make and cook Toad In The Hole. Cor blimey, I dunno I says, that and the price of spuds too

Anyone says the Covid 19 vaccination has no side effects are of course right. Thus said Ivor The Engine to the psychedelic purple and green Fat Controller. Toot toot! Watch out for the dragon in the firebox!

Ahem, normal service will resume shortly. In the meantime here is a photograph of an old ELC Irvin taken earlier this morning....

20210322_110107.jpg

entertainment

A Cossack from GW. I asked JC if he could make me an A-1 without the knits, which was my roundabout way of asking for a Cossack. He wrote back to ask if I wanted a Cossack. He developed the pattern for this jacket though he did make a test jacket first. I have had it about three years and have worn it quite a bit, but the goatskin is still pretty stiff everywhere except the elbows.

IMG_2973 crop.jpg

B-Man2

The Michelin Man dropped in this morning to pick my brains about how to make and cook Toad In The Hole. Cor blimey, I dunno I says, that and the price of spuds too

Anyone says the Covid 19 vaccination has no side effects are of course right. Thus said Ivor The Engine to the psychedelic purple and green Fat Controller. Toot toot! Watch out for the dragon in the firebox!

Ahem, normal service will resume shortly. In the meantime here is a photograph of an old ELC Irvin taken earlier this morning....

View attachment 55908
Wow!! .... Somebody find me an Irvin that looks like this one .... please !:oops:

B-Man2

Hi Guys :)
Decided to air out another original WWII A2 today . This one is a size 46 Aero 42- 15142-P.
The jacket is in excellent condition for a 79 years old Horsehide jacket, and it’s named to an individual, however I haven’t done any research to identify the person. So here it is .
673ED862-5CC0-4DEB-97F0-4798776ED992.jpeg
35650776-71AB-49D4-AD10-83C8E0A84687.jpeg
262B7181-6711-434D-A571-8AA01405D7B4.jpeg
C9ED04E9-9167-46A0-962F-3FF055349C69.jpeg

MaydayWei

Hi Guys :)
Decided to air out another original WWII A2 today . This one is a size 46 Aero 42- 15142-P.
The jacket is in excellent condition for a 79 years old Horsehide jacket, and it’s named to an individual, however I haven’t done any research to identify the person. So here it is .
View attachment 56084View attachment 56083View attachment 56085View attachment 56086

A perfect fit, and that colour is fantastic.
Doesn't come across as clearly russet or seal; a reddish in-between?