• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Wz1999

GW 20960
DBE8780B-D30C-4317-A882-8AFEADBE0DA4.jpeg

Lorenzo_l

It’s russet Italian horsehide, which is a little darker, and not as bright a brown as what JC usually has. It's also a tick thicker.
WZ, as you possess a few originals as well as a number of GW repro A-2s, which of the hide options on your GW repros most closely resemble those of your originals when it comes to drape, thickness colour, etc? I am aware that this is an apples-and-oranges comparison as, for starters, the taming methods are not the same, but still. Thanks.

Last edited:

Wz1999

WZ, as you possess a few originals as well as a number of GW repro A-2s, which of the hide options on your GW repros most closely resemble those of your originals when it comes to drape, thickness colour, etc? I am aware that this is an apples-and-oranges comparison as, for starters, the taming methods are not the same, but still. Thanks.

This seal Horween horsehide is much like the Original Poughkeepsie I own.

BB56A893-12A2-45B7-98C7-65FF73005C1E.jpeg

7FC17F8B-2F39-418A-89FF-7F69CE8A9FB8.jpeg

Original Poughkeepsie
7F536327-A050-48B3-A378-8BF30BCA8343.jpeg

My favorite GW is this goatskin Doniger. I was told by JC that the goatskin was from a tannery in New York.

0DCC5C48-E017-4414-9308-BFD47488F25F.jpeg

Last edited:

Wz1999

Forgot to mention, I do miss my Platon Dubow which I sold because of sizing. It is the best value of repro A-2 in the market imo.

Regards,
Zhi