• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Brettafett

Tim, you're absolutely spot on mate.
These jackets just get worn on and off, cycled between them. The wear-in may appear slow, but its natural.
Dont currently have a cockpit, car seat or garden to wear em in, dont even have a commute anymore.... so its just going to take more time.
I dont want to do any 'artificial' ageing either.

Kermit3D

Gosh that's a great looking jacket Brett!

But you need to get some wear going on the body and chest especially to develop some creasing and wear on the leather.

It honestly looks like you've never folded it or even thrown it on the floor a few times - the chest looks virtually unworn. Please don't tell me you do the whole lay it out carefully with the arms splayed out nicely when you're not wearing it!

A great jacket like that will only ever look like a great original if you use and treat it the same way as they treated originals.

It might be difficult but a jacket will always look better and like an original if you actually stop worrying about it and wear it hard. The longer you try and leave it to look like new, the less it will ever look like the real deal.

am I right ? :D

Brett, I hope it doesn't scare you to see what I do with your ex(jacket).
I abuse it but I love it !
(not to be taken out of context)

DSC_0741.jpg

ausreenactor

Is that your dad in the JG's in the pic looks like a 60s or early 70s photo, back of a EH?

Very good spot. Dad in greens in 1968. HR Special with X2 twin carbs. Factory fitted when Dad worked at Bill Patterson Holden. Customer came in and said his X2 was using too much fuel. Wanted to swap them out for standard manifold. Dad arranged it with the workshop and the customer paid for the labour. Pop in his Victoria Police uniform in a pic on the other end of the shelf.....

Great eyes mate!

AlexLutov

Gosh that's a great looking jacket Brett!

But you need to get some wear going on the body and chest especially to develop some creasing and wear on the leather.

It honestly looks like you've never folded it or even thrown it on the floor a few times - the chest looks virtually unworn. Please don't tell me you do the whole lay it out carefully with the arms splayed out nicely when you're not wearing it!

A great jacket like that will only ever look like a great original if you use and treat it the same way as they treated originals.

It might be difficult but a jacket will always look better and like an original if you actually stop worrying about it and wear it hard. The longer you try and leave it to look like new, the less it will ever look like the real deal.
Ever since I got GW, I've found myself thinking that I treat him like a crystal toy...very carefully! I know I know..this is not correct))