• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

thanks a lot for that table.
my WEP is a Satellite Outerwear in 46R btw...
Yes, buying one as a wearer is like playing lottery. You need waaaaay to many attempts to get a decent fit . That's the table from my jackets. Although it might help someone to have a vague idea of the measurements, I wouldn't suggest anyone to use it as a guide, every jacket has different measurements (especially the Wep's).

mulceber

Another day of rotten jacket weather, so out comes another original. Monarch A-2 that originally belonged to M.L. Hyman of the 15th AF.

IMG_1613.jpeg
IMG_1612.jpeg

John Luder

I went to quite a few Dday reunions in my jeep from the '70s up to the 50th in '94 and it always poured down with rain (just like the original '44 weather) so definitely a waterproof and a Sou'wester if you can find oneView attachment 149209
I've checked the weather for 10 days out. It's going to be So. Calif weather at Normany. Low to mid 70s, with a 22% chance:rolleyes: of rain. Har de har

John Luder

This talk reminds me of Winston Churchill: Americans and British are one people separated by a common language...
We had a nanny for our girls 30 years ago (we lived in Santa Monica, which was full of Brits). She was from York, and said things like 'it were' instead of 'it was'.
Her boyfriend always said, "Ta ra, chookie", when he left the house, and 'not a right crackin' day' . When I was in London in 1971, you lot were, indeed, saying, "Ta very much". and a character in one of the Brit copper shows we watch, also said it, and the show was done about 5 years ago.
I can see why Churchill was confused.

Pa12

We had a nanny for our girls 30 years ago (we lived in Santa Monica, which was full of Brits). She was from York, and said things like 'it were' instead of 'it was'.
Her boyfriend always said, "Ta ra, chookie", when he left the house, and 'not a right crackin' day' . When I was in London in 1971, you lot were, indeed, saying, "Ta very much". and a character in one of the Brit copper shows we watch, also said it, and the show was done about 5 years ago.
My mum always said “ta” her whole life. But never once said “brilliant “. When did that start?

Lord Flashheart

Where it all began.

My Transair (edit - actually Sportys Pilot shop but sold over here by Transair) A-2 complete with hand warmer pockets and bi-weave knitted cuffs. It is a great jacket. Goat. It still fits too. Mind you there were a few years when it didn't ... and the desire to get a proper repro helped get that under control.

IMG_3493.jpeg

Last edited:

Micawber

One deplores being referred to as a 'Brit'! British if you don't mind, there's a good chap ;)

Micawber

My mum always said “ta” her whole life. But never once said “brilliant “. When did that start?

Search YewTube for 'Fast Show - Brilliant'. I think that helped make overuse of the word more common, not as common as kids injecting the word 'like' several times in a sentence. It's like, kind of, like, annoying.

Pa12

Search YewTube for 'Fast Show - Brilliant'. I think that helped make overuse of the word more common, not as common as kids injecting the word 'like' several times in a sentence. It's like, kind of, like, annoying.
Definitely. That absolutely kills me.