• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

These are the identifying characteristics from the coat. The Label ""Styled by COOPER SPORTSWEAR MFG. CO, INC NEW JERSEY", and a right fron pocket tag that says "1781 size 40" see image and I also included a pic of the back of coat. Thanks for helping me date this coat.
These photos have me thinking it’s 1940s/50s. Look at the label’s styling. And the inside pocket size tag (much like A-2s). If it’s a 70s/80s copy it’s the best copy in the history of copies. :)

The skin is just dry/topcoat worn off so it unfortunately has that 80s distressed jacket appearance. But the details make it much older IMO.

Last edited:

D97x7

Weather has turned chilly, excellent :)
IMG_20231014_112932_copy_3168x4224.jpg

B-Man2

Weather has turned chilly, excellent :)
View attachment 124017
Eastman 55J14
Finally getting cool here.
View attachment 124025
ohh man … all of you guys look great in your jackets .
I’m so over summer down here in North Florida and wishing it would cool off enough for an A2 or anything . But …. It’s 81F today …. Again …..:confused:

Spitfireace

Thanks "bseal" and others for the input. It is a treasure for me. I've always loved and admired it. I need to get it restored though, as I'm planning to gift it to my daughter. It needs some repair for a tear on the left breast that I did as a dumb 18 year old, and of course it needs to get re-conditioned.
From what you've seen, should I keep the brown elastic on sleeves and waistband, or get it replaced? And do you have a place you'd recommend to restore?
Also, someone in the thread above mentioned the zipper could tell them something about it's authenticity. Here is a pic, the engraving on the zipper says "TALON".
Thanks again.
Here's a handy Talon zipper identification guide. Probably been posted before, but here it is again. The zipper on your jacket was used between the 1950's and the end of the original Talon factory which was about 1990. So quite a span of years in between. It is definitely not 1940's.
Talon.jpg

Sideslip

It got cold overnight (4C /39F), so the GW Monarch m422 had its first outing of the autumn. Went to Duxford with my son (with patched up birthday L2 but his flight suit is getting short!) and saw a Catalina practice display. The only downpoint was my really rubbish landings at both ends; my son won’t let me hear the end of it :rolleyes::p
IMG_1778.jpeg

IMG_1779.jpeg

IMG_1816.jpeg

B-Man2

It got cold overnight (4C /39F), so the GW Monarch m422 had its first outing of the autumn. Went to Duxford with my son (with patched up birthday L2 but his flight suit is getting short!) and saw a Catalina practice display. The only downpoint was my really rubbish landings at both ends; my son won’t let me hear the end of it :rolleyes::p
View attachment 124079

View attachment 124081

View attachment 124083
What a great way to spend a fun day with your son. Jackets and all.