• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

buzz-rickson-ricksons-peanuts-snoopy-tshirt-charlie-brown-a2-jacket-favorite-statement-stateme...jpg

newagegeezer

This one doesn't have any tags apart from a size one, it is much more olive green than teh WW2 one which is more a drab tan,
both have belts which have a strap connecting it to the middle loop so it doesn't go missing. Both have button in wool liners , the WW2 one's "storm flap" is attached to body of teh coat whereas the later one is on the collar like the straps on G1s. The WW2 one has Army Officer's label.
IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

Chandler

Chandler came up with a good one .
I remember I got that off eBay back in the late 90s or early 00s. I got another G-1 at the same time, but it was a small 44, so I sold it to an old friend on one of the old forums.

I can't remember what manufacturer or date that one was. I'll have to see if he still has it today.

But it's always good to see the Monarch getting some love! ;)

Chandler

This one doesn't have any tags apart from a size one, it is much more olive green than teh WW2 one which is more a drab tan,
both have belts which have a strap connecting it to the middle loop so it doesn't go missing. Both have button in wool liners , the WW2 one's "storm flap" is attached to body of teh coat whereas the later one is on the collar like the straps on G1s. The WW2 one has Army Officer's label.
View attachment 116139

View attachment 116135
Mine is configured the same way, but has a tag on the liner for the whole coat.

"Overcoat Cotton O.D.7 With Removable Wool Liner."

Stock No. 55-0-1550-230 -- Burton Sportswear Inc.

Pattern Date Nov. 24, 1950.

So your WW2 coat might not be quite WW2. Have you checked pockets for tags?

I'll try to get some pics of mine, but my luck with photography has been bad lately.

Thomas Koehle

Thank you very very much!
it will be a "back to my roots" somewhat as I will be dealing with airline ground ops again (coming from the ramp agent/load control side) on the one hand and on the other with loads of laws, rules and regulations and their implementation by our own handling partners and ourselves.

the next week's and months will be interesting to say the least :)
During my career i once worked as "Head of Quality" for "WANKEL Rotary" (was young and needed the money ...) - back then they produced small 75hp engines for "Ultra Light Planes" and i had to deal with those "JAR" (joint aviation requirements) for some time. Happy i'm back to automotive where regulations are alos quiet strict but not as strict as in aviation ...